plastician - beg to differ

viktorvaughn

you know, this would be a great time to post links to older plastician radio sets

*hint hint*

;)
Ha. I have that set from 04, its only 25 minutes and not v good quality but really captures the driving energy of when it was all just dark garage....

I can up that?

gumdrops

is that the one where cha is still new and he plays the (excellent) cock back remix?? cos i have that from the rinse fm post (and yeah it is brill)... thanks though.

randomly i found this old pitchfork dizzee interview where he bigs up plasticman

"Pitchfork: What about grime producers?

Dizzee: Wonder! I like Youngstar's stuff as well. Plasticman's got a few new things too that are like yeah yeah yeah."

Last edited:

Blackdown

nexKeysound
just wondering... does plasticmans connections with dubstep go back to the early days of big apple before dubstep was really *dubstep* etc? has he been down with all the dubstep inner circle from day one? im just asking cos im wondering if he used to play a lot of early dubstep from day one...

yeah totally, they're from similar-ish parts of south London (him and Jayda Flex used to live on the same (long) road... if i recall from long treks south...). Skream and Plastician went to studio production college together, but this was a time when Plastician was very much distancing himself from dubstep, artistically.

And while he got his first releases on labels like Slimzee's Slimzos, loads of his early sets were at FWD>>, sometimes with Mark One.

viktorvaughn

is that the one where cha is still new and he plays the (excellent) cock back remix?? cos i have that from the rinse fm post (and yeah it is brill)... thanks though.

Its the one where terry keeps belling him and he debates whether coconuts have milk or juice in them!

mos dan

fact music
check out the 'newstep' podcast on our site (link in sig) - it's a bbc 1 radio docu from 2003 which interviews plastic as part of the big apple gang

viktorvaughn

check out the 'newstep' podcast on our site (link in sig) - it's a bbc 1 radio docu from 2003 which interviews plastic as part of the big apple gang

Yeah i really enjoyed sitting in the park the other weekend in blazin sunshine listening to that on the ipod. Exciting times.

gumdrops

this album isnt quite as good as i thought - its not a great 'album album' although that might just be cos im not as fond of the more dubsteppy tracks on this. preferred plastics older slow and moody stuff like shallow grave to the likes of japan. would have liked to hear more energetic stuff, but that might just be my own preferences/agenda. but nothing is beating badboy on this. mentaaaaallllll (say in pirate radio voice).

gumdrops

i have this feeling this album might not actually come out.... been knocking around for so long, im wondering if THEYre wondering if its worth it now. hmmm...

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
This one's a personal favourite

This one's a personal

This one's a persie

D Double : This one's a Percy Ingle

Showing my age here, but when I started buying tunes in the hardcore era a Percy was a tune whose quality only became apparent after several listens. Cockney rhyming stylee on Percy Thrower = Grower. Percy Thrower being a household name to British children of a certain era through his careful stewardship of the Blue Peter garden.

mos dan

fact music
Showing my age here, but when I started buying tunes in the hardcore era a Percy was a tune whose quality only became apparent after several listens. Cockney rhyming stylee on Percy Thrower = Grower. Percy Thrower being a household name to British children of a certain era through his careful stewardship of the Blue Peter garden.

Fascinating - assuming you're not making it up ;)

Beg To Differ is definitely, definitely out on 27 August.

gumdrops

i dont like the overtly dubsteppy direction plastic seems to be going in. :( i liked it when he was in between the two sounds.

viktorvaughn

i dont like the overtly dubsteppy direction plastic seems to be going in. :( i liked it when he was in between the two sounds.

Oh dear, he's not doing a Geeneus is he? Not heard album yet.

Oh yeah, where is the new Geeneus Rinse mix with the Bassline/4x4 stuff at the end available?

Last edited:

gumdrops

not to encourage DLing but its amazing how easy it is to find albums these days - you just google them and there they are.

as far him doing a geeneus, im just going on that i was listening to the terrorhythm show the other day and it seemed very dubsteppy...