Efdemin.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
i just got lawrence's lowlights from the past and future...and god it's beautiful. Comes on even more relaxed and spaced out than efdemin and pantha du prince. All these records sound so contented in a way...not self satisfied, just absolute happy with themselves. And the feeling is catching.

echevarian

babylon sister
I think I may be in the wrong state of mind to appreciate this right now,

but after a cursory listen the Efdemin podcast has yet to flip any of my switches.

Maybe I'm not ready for happiness and contentment at the moment.

Sodiumnightlife you need Theo Parrish in your life.

Seriously.

Numbers

Efdemin is part of Pigon, who had an excellent release on Dial earlier. Their release on Just Recordings was even better (imo).

During his studies of electroacoustic music in vienna efdemin (phillip sollmann), who releases solo on dial, met art student and dj rndm (oliver kargl). both were equally interested in minimal techno and ended up in the studio soon after. rndm is part of a loose collective called provinzmusik operating between vienna, zurich and vorarlberg and being responsible for booking artists like akufen and anthony “shake” shakir to austria for the first time ever. apart from his studies, efdemin has been busy developing the “rocker", a simple, sample based drum machine for live sets. it’s limited possibilities should lead to a very focused sound, providing a direct access to techno far away from any presets and over designed sounds. rndm entered the development of the “rocker” at an early stage and has been a keen beta tester and innovator ever since. they soon decided to test their invention live and kept recording their sessions on stage and in the studio. from those sessions a very minimal yet warm aesthetic emerged. their music has a peculiar swing and sound that would have not been possible without their selfmade software. after long days of browsing through megabyte after megabyte of their recordings, pigon dug up the most intersting sections, applied some editing, added a few elements here and there and finally came up with “auf und ab” und “hin und her".

Thanks for that mix! Absolutely love about 95% of what Costello has been releasing, so I am extra curious what this mix will sound like.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
See the vocal sample (more rant, really) on Efdemin's "Just a Track" what is that from? The black guy shouting about how he wants to be president of the house nation?