lilly allen with the specials at glastonbury

matt b

Indexing all opinion
the TG interview was gushing shite though.

suprised there wasn't a neubauten editorial too, given they've not had a mention since may or so.

vimothy

yurp
Quite the reverse, I think the Wiley and TG issues have been a massive turning point (and not just cos I did one review for them!)

My finger is really not on the pulse. I stopped buying it (long term subscriber) just before the Wiley issue as it seemed to be lacking any sort of excitement.

Guybrush

Dittohead
It is you who made this distinction in the first place - between people who use their intelligence (like "us"?) and people who buy their music at Tesco and are influenced by advertising.

I make the distinction between faux egalitarians, on the one hand, and the reality-based community, on the other. The funny thing about the ‘we are all birds of a feather’ crowd is that when they exemplify why it’s supposedly so, they bring up traits and preferences that are NOT AT ALL universal. Writes John Eden in the same post as the one quoted above:

All I am saying is that, like everybody else, my choices are a product of a whole swathe of things including advertising, availability, how much cash I have on me, completely irrational things like whether or not the word "Ruby" appears in the title, whether or not it's been recommended by someone, and my "intelligence" or lack thereof.

The thing is that availability is not a problem for most people any longer (as digital files can be duplicated infinitely), and price is not a problem for most people any longer (as everything is free). Now, does that not create, if not a gulf, then a rift between some segments of the population in terms of how they make their choices and why? Of course it does. Therefore, the quotation above is highly dubious.

john eden

male pale and stale
All I am saying is that, like everybody else, my choices are a product of a whole swathe of things

What those "things" are may vary of course. But in my reality I just don't see things as being black and white "intelligence and discernment" vs "tesco".

N

nomadologist

yaay hi nomad

Urban Dictionary's definitions of Jay-Z are hysterical

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jay+z

jayzlarryjohnson71.jpg

kanye west is even preppier somehow

N

nomadologist

god i remember when "big pimpin' hit the radio like it was yesterday. you couldn't go to a single ivy league party without watching a lot of white people kind of try to pretend to dance to it

Guybrush

Dittohead
Somehow all this makes Beyoncé seem even more phoney, the relationship as a calculated PR stunt (all the talk about the match in heaven between the ‘queen of r&b’ and the ‘king of hip hop’).

swears

preppy-kei
I'm sure Jay Z and his best chum just share a bed in a friendly way, like Bert and Ernie or Morecombe and Wise.

N

nomadologist

Somehow all this makes Beyoncé seem even more phoney, the relationship as a calculated PR stunt (all the talk about the match in heaven between the ‘queen of r&b’ and the ‘king of hip hop’).

she's been her dad's puppet her entire life. she's one of those creepy hollywood people.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
This thread has really only proven one thing for me:

A lot of Dissenssians get left at home when their mates go to the pub.

N

nomadologist

This thread has really only proven one thing for me:

A lot of Dissenssians get left at home when their mates go to the pub.

what? i have to pay a shrink $125/week to keep me home and out of jail. and i haven't gone to those appointments in months.