In New Fads We Trust

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
What is it with these kicks wearing Yasser Arafat style headscarfs around their neck?
Somebody told me that Vice magazine started it as a joke...

Fuck knows. They do look pretty ridiculous - a sort of noughties version of white kids with dreads and 'rasta' hats.
Frequently found adorning trendy indie dickheads in skin-tight jeans etc., as ranted about by me in the Lily Allen thread.

N

nomadologist

What is it with these kicks wearing Yasser Arafat style headscarfs around their neck?
Somebody told me that Vice magazine started it as a joke...

god everyone downtown did that for like 3 years starting in 2002 and it's really really WAY OVER

hopper

This whole nu rave scene is proper taking off atm, I've been to bristol and manchester (and I'm from London) in the last week and everywhere the skinny hoodies and bape clothes or whatever are everywhere... I can only name about 2 acts myself, but this is disappointing news as far as I'm concerned as Plasticians shows have always been tops and I really like the format with 21 minutes to know etc... At least Mary Anne Hobbs stands strong on radio 1.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Where does this information actually come from that Plastic Ian's show is being replaced by a Nu-Rave and 'Electro' show? Who is doing it? Do you know?

mos dan

fact music
time for 1xtra to step up to the plate and starting repping grime/dubstep properly surely? there's so much crap in their schedule lately: 'bun dat funky house' like purple says

swears

preppy-kei
Ironic that he was way ahead of this rave fad a few years back with "White Gloves" and "Pump up the Jam".