late 2-step appreciation thread

stelfox

Beast of Burden
nah, it's cool marc... it's just seems to have been hashed over quite a bit lately. the digital mystics stuff is good, btw.

soul_pill

I feel very embarrassed reading it back, and please bring on the criticism, but here is an article i wrote (the only article i ever wrote) back in 2002 for my friend sheikh at absorb:

http://www.absorb.org/articles/ukgarage/index.html

I didn't really know what I was talking about but I liked my track selection...

What has become of Strictly Underground now, Mark Ryder's 2step/Garage tracks were really ravey... no one else did that celebratory thing with it... with such abandon.

craner

Beast of Burden
Do Sunship count in this category?

There should be a compilation of Sunship's Greatest Hits, I think. They'd mostly be remixes of Gabrielle. When I moved to London, early September 2001, their remix of '3 'o' clock' was being played all over the FM dial.

Now look at me.

There's a song I'm trying to think of that they did a useless remix of, but was a good song.

Damn, that's annoying.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Ooh! 'Cheque One Two' was wonderful. I recently picked up his album for £2 in one of those dodgy stores in Berwick Street - haven't given it a listen yet, but that track was what I bought it for.

mms

sometimes
soul_pill said:
I feel very embarrassed reading it back, and please bring on the criticism, but here is an article i wrote (the only article i ever wrote) back in 2002 for my friend sheikh at absorb:

http://www.absorb.org/articles/ukgarage/index.html

I didn't really know what I was talking about but I liked my track selection...

What has become of Strictly Underground now, Mark Ryder's 2step/Garage tracks were really ravey... no one else did that celebratory thing with it... with such abandon.

ha ha alright there mr.... ;)

sheikh should be on here i think..

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
oliver craner said:
Do Sunship count in this category?

I absolutely love sunship's remixes, but I'm not sure I've ever heard an original track by them. But Everything I have heard by them I've loved!

MBM

Mutiny - "Virus"

First heard this (or maybe a remix) on a Kode9 comp in 2000. Then on daytime Radio 1 6mths later? How weird was that track?