non-D&B made by D&B producers

hucks

Your Message Here
I love that hip hop mix of Urban Style music, too, tho I prefer the roiginal dnb one. Is it out of the Metalheadz Box Set?

Alfons

Way of the future
Yea, Photek had that T-Raenon track on Kirk Degiorgio's Op-art. Still dnb but forward thinking. He also had a track on one of the Mo wax comps that was kinda Detroity (Degiorgioy ?). I seem to remember that muchly.

Photek made a couple of hip hop bits and a whole album worth of house (pretty sure this was covered upthread somewhere).

I love that hip hop mix of Urban Style music, too, tho I prefer the roiginal dnb one. Is it out of the Metalheadz Box Set?

The hip hop mix (90 bpm reprise) was on the Metalbox comp, the original was a 12" I think. There was a hidden agenda remix on a headz compilation a couple of years back which was cool too. That sample is nice, think it's guru. For some reason I always connect the vocal sample in Urban Style Music to the one in Retro by EZ Rollers "if it wasn't for these few ghetto guys this music would've never happened" or something like that.

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
actually there are quite few leftfield dnb producers making techno:

Martyn, Alpha Omega (aka Nubian Mindz), Blue, Cycom, Sileni

plenty making dubstep too, and downtempo, and house, and...

:)

gravious

are these LPs or 12s?

The Klute one is an album of techno, electronica and stuff- "You Should Be Ashamed". Came as a 2 CD set with "Lie Cheat and Steal".

Fanu's downtempo stuff is pretty good.

Also, check Intex Systems - ASC's downtempo/dubstep alias.

Martyn's dubstep is boss as well. Juju has a few good dubstep tunes as well.

Not so keen on Tech Itch's dubstep though to be honest.

Also, dug out Photek - Hidden Camera the other day! Good 12, nice little downtempo number

Dj Zinc probably made a hell of a lot more money from Garage for about 2 years than he ever did with D&B, presumably also the best selling garage producer on vinyl as well (if you dont include people signed to majors). He was fucking churning out a dozen tracks a year before Bingo beats suddenly became full on Drum & Bass.

I'm surprised how little he is mentioned when people talk of prototype dubstep. and at how reluctant he was to admit to his D&B peers that he was heavily involved in Garage. I remember reading an interview in Knowledge or ATM at the time where he was questioned about these tunes and it wasnt that he was defensive, just that he was dismissive, sort of "thats just a little side project... showing range as an artist..." His Jammin tracks were scene defying releases, something I'm sure his 175BPM tunes werent.

He never DJed Garage either, but it's strange when you think about how the Bingo Beats CD's were released. And now he's done a remix of Midnight Request Line