Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Dubstep's fucking weird at the moment - Snoop Dogg, Lil Jon, Clear Channel, 'HATERZ' etc... That 'Sincere' rmx sums up everything about the genre that bores and depresses me, too.

It's quite nice to feel so alienated from the genre in a way, it means I can listen to the bits I do like and pretend the rest of it doesn't exist I suppose.

Looking forward to that Untold mix anyway.

And thank fuck for Funky.

mos dan

fact music
Dubstep's fucking weird at the moment - Snoop Dogg, Lil Jon, Clear Channel, 'HATERZ' etc... That 'Sincere' rmx sums up everything about the genre that bores and depresses me, too.

what's the sincere rmx?

last night, appx 4.45am, me:

"what the fuck is this, it sounds like old skool grime.. except.. NEW!!"

joe: "untold"

me: "duh.. obviously"

hopper

It's quite nice to feel so alienated from the genre in a way, it means I can listen to the bits I do like and pretend the rest of it doesn't exist I suppose.

Looking forward to that Untold mix anyway.

And thank fuck for Funky.

I feel completely alienated with dubstep as well now, pretty much most sides of it are boring me now that its all been done quite a lot. Good thing is that its making me listen to tonnes of different types of music again, which is quite a lot more exciting.

Whats good with Funky then, I still aint 'got' it yet.

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
so someone please tell me they are going to record forward off the rinse stream tonight>? plastician said its being broadcast , so someone has to get samiyam, kode, trg and plastician(who is talking of doing an old school grime set!!) !!!

please tell me someone is on the case... sucked that no one got k9 's 4 hr set....

i'd be all over doing it ,were it not for the fact im going tonight/ my internet is f'd.

!!:D;)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I feel completely alienated with dubstep as well now, pretty much most sides of it are boring me now that its all been done quite a lot. Good thing is that its making me listen to tonnes of different types of music again, which is quite a lot more exciting.

Whats good with Funky then, I still aint 'got' it yet.

My perception of funky is probably different to dubstep because I don't go to any nights and listen to hardly any mixes... so I'm generally hearing stuff that appeals to me, and it feels fresh because I'm not oversaturating my ears with it. Also, I suppose I'm just looking for something more percussively led and raw at the moment...

Roska remixing Neighbourhood > dubstep remix of Sincere

Anyway, to counterbalance my usual dubstep related moan - Untold's fact mix is fucking great (although most of it doesn't sound much like dubstep... more like a mishmash of hardcore grime dubstep etc... reminds me of a lot of the tunes on Bok Boks luckyme mix, which I'm also bang into... tunes which fit that eclectic DJ style to a tee) and Joker smashed it at Brainfeeder last night. To restate the obvious, his tunes are amazing and he's got loads of them... heard some Silkie, Gemmy and Benga in there too. I forgot how good 'Night' is, too.

viktorvaughn

couldnt make fwd but did tape it. was well shocked to tune in and hear ugk and then mop from fwd!

sounds cool

er hang about...
event-280609.gif

alex

Do not read this.
yea agree. i hate that guitar half step tune he made, is it V?, not too sure, hate it though..

the 1 with the bladerunner samples is gangsta though, still play it.