wise

bare BARE BONES
@ Blackdown

When is Soundclash/Harpy coming out?
I've had it on pre-order for soooo long.
Presuming there's been pressing problems or something?

gumdrops

who did halfstep first? wonder (what) or loefah (horrorshow)? i know its the former but loefah seems to get all the credit.

my fave golden era tunes might be dmz - chainba/da wrath/10 dread commandments/lost city and if its not too early, bengas skank. artworks red too obv.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
@ Blackdown

When is Soundclash/Harpy coming out?
I've had it on pre-order for soooo long.
Presuming there's been pressing problems or something?

Dont have a date yet, more TPs have been ordered. Sorry for the delay, extremely frustrating but trust me, vinyl manufacturing is a black art not a science.

Horror Show v What, interesting point i've always wondered about. Loefah said in the interview I did with him this year that Morgan Spacek's experiements were an influence more than Wonder.

gumdrops

i dunno, wonders track came out about a year before right? and that tune was massive. theres no way he could have not been influenced by that.

speaking of spacek, am really interested to hear mark pritchards album with spacek thats meant to be due soon....

optimum

Poochie
Yeah next dmz is Mala doublepack I believe, all signs pointed to it innit. It's gonna be all those massive tunes I've heard

alex

Do not read this.
Yeah next dmz is Mala doublepack I believe, all signs pointed to it innit. It's gonna be all those massive tunes I've heard

We'd be lucky!

That would signal the end of DMZ releases for me. Any more that I would buy anyway. The last one was a travesty.

hopper

which ones? Living different and eyez seem to be suggested?

Favourite golden era unreleased bits:

Coki's dubby tunes like serious and the one before glamma on the kode 9/Wiley show. Anyone got an ID on that?

Loefah - Boiler Suit

Mala - Jah Power, Maintain thru the Madness, Dun Stinky...

That other tune by Benga and Coki was fucking big as well

that's just off the top of my head

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Coki's dubby tunes like serious and the one before glamma on the kode 9/Wiley show. Anyone got an ID on that?

Would that be 'Thief in da night'? I've not listened to that set for a while but I remember that one being played at least once

hopper

yeah, it aint thief in da night. it's a tune i've only heard on this show, kills it. there was a tune I heard Coki play at DMZ exodus a while back as well on the same dubby tip that was so deep that I heard hatcha play on radio once called two...

alex

Do not read this.
those D1 tunes that youngsta used to play were pretty fucking amazing, glad none of them were released, makes listening to that set b2b with loefah so special.

If anyone has got any other youngsta sets that no1 has heard could you post them & I would be truely greatful. Thanks! :-D

benjybars

village elder.
yeah there's a 2004 youngsta set where he plays about 5 D1 bits in a row.. none of them came out i think. all sick.

Skream - Lemon is definitely an all time lost classic.

plus about 127 Mala dubs.

That Loefah tune with the sample '..it's a great place to raise your children...'

too many really.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
those D1 tunes that youngsta used to play were pretty fucking amazing, glad none of them were released, makes listening to that set b2b with loefah so special.

forgive my n00bness here but why would someone be glad that good tunes were not released? is it because it creates mystique or sumfink?

gumdrops

i know someone said a while back that some of them were unreleased dubs, but are all these tunes that hatcha plays these days new? cos they all sound either like they could be 04/05 (in a good way, def not complaining) or just perfectly built to sound like they are.