alex

Do not read this.
I think if we do see anything from Loefah, release wise, it will probably be his old stuff dropping don't you think? I dont think I have heard anything new by him, past, well i suppose 'its yourz'

petergunn

plywood violin
I think if we do see anything from Loefah, release wise, it will probably be his old stuff dropping don't you think? I dont think I have heard anything new by him, past, well i suppose 'its yourz'

i know, sort of sad.... saw him dj a year or so ago, and it was all old stuff... maybe he'll find a new sound palate he likes and will suddenly come out w/ a buncha tracks...

True his releases are all gold.

Im not sure if I would want any of his hold stuff released, I mean Midnight is my favourite Loefah track but I like it lost, unreleased, on dubplate forever.

benjybars

village elder.
nah c'mon lets not mess around... he should definitely release Midnight, Encona, Woman, Hurricane Kick & Boiler Suit. absolutely nothing long. ;)

oi so did anyone reach FWD last night??? surprised there wasn't more talk of it cos of the PP situation..
was it even on?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
nah c'mon lets not mess around... he should definitely release Midnight, Encona, Woman, Hurricane Kick & Boiler Suit. absolutely nothing long. ;)

oi so did anyone reach FWD last night??? surprised there wasn't more talk of it cos of the PP situation..
was it even on?

Wtf? Ddin't even see it advertised on the fwd site when i visited it a couple of weeks back....didn't know it was on

18th March line-up looks big - kode9, deadboy, instra:mental....

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
Wasn't sure whether to put this here, as it's not "strictly" dubstep, but Scuba's new 'Triangulation' LP is very, very good, indeed.

His previous effort 'A Mutual Antipathy' pales into insignificance, in comparison (imo).

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Heard 'Level Nine' by Mala on a decent system last night. Drops so hard.

I think I've been underrating dubstep recently, haven't been hearing it on the right rigs.

'Hard' by Newhams is too much also.

dd528

Heard 'Level Nine' by Mala on a decent system last night. Drops so hard.

I think I've been underrating dubstep recently, haven't been hearing it on the right rigs.

'Hard' by Newhams is too much also.

Caught the Deep Medi label night at MMU union in Manchester back in December. Acoustics usually aren't great in there, but a floor-to-ceiling sound system on the main wall was setting off car alarms on the street outside that night. Great definition too.

I'd been drifting a little away from that kind of deep, aggressive sound for a while, but sometimes I think you do need that visceral thrill of feeling the bass move every hair on your body. I'm not mad on the wobble as a rule, but it did remind me what I found so fresh about dubstep in the first place. That sparse, dynamic force makes for a powerful experience in the right hands. And Mala is one of the better dubstep DJs I've heard play in person.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'd been drifting a little away from that kind of deep, aggressive sound for a while, but sometimes I think you do need that visceral thrill of feeling the bass move every hair on your body. I'm not mad on the wobble as a rule, but it did remind me what I found so fresh about dubstep in the first place. That sparse, dynamic force makes for a powerful experience in the right hands. And Mala is one of the better dubstep DJs I've heard play in person.

I agree... I have forgotten the whole physical experience of sound side of dubstep in recent years.

boo

Caught the Deep Medi label night at MMU union in Manchester back in December. Acoustics usually aren't great in there, but a floor-to-ceiling sound system on the main wall was setting off car alarms on the street outside that night. Great definition too.

My mate's rig http://neuronproaudio.co.uk. i think he did one of the big soca float at carnival last year too.

Mala was highly impressed;)

benjybars

village elder.

yeah true. and mala is an excellent dj yeah. under-rated for that i reckon

dd528

I agree... I have forgotten the whole physical experience of sound side of dubstep in recent years.

On that topic, has anyone read Steve Goodman (aka kode9)'s book Sonic Warfare: Sound, Affect, and the Ecology of Fear? I had a skim through the thread on here discussing the album he put out on Hyperdub (which I haven't heard all the way through) which I guess flirts with some of the ideas from the book, but I'd be interested to hear if people would recommend it as an interesting read.

Alfons

Way of the future
i know, sort of sad.... saw him dj a year or so ago, and it was all old stuff... maybe he'll find a new sound palate he likes and will suddenly come out w/ a buncha tracks...

Saw Loefah dj last night, was great. First half of the set especially good, was in this juke / addison groove vibe, really good stuff! The later part was like a stroll through the loefah / dmz back cat, classics galore, good fun and the crowd loved it but the first part was more interesting musically.

benjybars

village elder.
He was in the same sort of mood at DMZ/Exodus last month, Im pretty sure he didnt play any old ones but I came in my boxers when Quest played Blue Notez.

Footcrab got rinsed that night aswell, I swear it got dropped at least 3 times by Kode9, Loefah and Scuba.

Quest always seems to drop Blue Notez... god bless him.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've been quite down on dubstep recently just because I think I was tired of listening to it/thinking about it (trying to take steps away from that perspective on music really). But as simple a thing as feeling that Mala tune dropping and instantly capturing the small crowd within that weight and atmosphere has made me think I've been underrating it.

Would be quite good for me to get more into it again now I live in Bristol.

Same thing happened to me with jungle. Absolutely loved it for ages and then rinsed it out too much and it lost its effect on me for a while. I need to rediscover this music without a lot of the second-hand theoretical opinons I've attached to it.