4linehaiku

Repetitive
I pop my head in occasionally, it seems like a complete wasteland, I don't recognise any posters except the mods. God that must be a thankless task if ever there was one.
I've got at least 1000 posts over there as well, what a great use of my time. A true legacy.

petergunn

plywood violin
based on the non-140 bpm tunes i've heard and this latest statement, i think he's just going to ditch 140, thus leaving behind all the "dubstep" hype and wiping the slate clean a bit

i suspect other antisocial crew will be doing this too

can't blame them really, i know if i was a producer that's what i'd be doing right now

it seems like a lot of people in dubstep are making noises about not following the set format rules... we'll see... every electronic genre has set rules: bpms, accepted sounds, rhythmic patterns, etc... what i liked about dubstep in 05-06-07 was that aside from bpm and an ephemsis on heavy bass, they weren't tons of set rules...

then with the rise in wobble stuff being known as official DUBSTEP, all the people who might have been coming from a more house-y perspective (whether tech-y like martyn or 2562 or tribal like Mala) have been sort of pushed into this netherscene that is nameless and formless...

and then if you get people deciding to be unclassifieable electronic entities (i.e someone like venetian snares) and that all these set rules suck, it's difficult b/c at that point you are floating free... yes, no scene rules to hold you back, you are now an ARTIST, but your records better be great, b/c no DJ's are gonna buy em just b/c they fit the profile, b/c they won't! it's tough to carve out your own niche in a world that does not always reward individuality...

tom lea

ANyone check the new Scuba album? Quite liked his RA podcast (the dubstep half more than the SCB half though).
album's cool, i thought the mix cd for ostgut was sublime tho.

his Twitter game is pretty poor tbf. he's no Marcus or PhilBrownHull.

benjybars

village elder.
album's cool, i thought the mix cd for ostgut was sublime tho.

his Twitter game is pretty poor tbf. he's no Marcus or PhilBrownHull.

doesn't scuba mention dissensus quite a bit on twitter? seems a bit weird cos surely dissensus has zero influence on anything?!

gumdrops

haha, just clicked on his twitter page.

Only go on Dissensus occasionally... always makes my blood boil.

weird. i thought he would actually like it here. wonder if he likes DSF where everyone likes everything in the name of 'positivity'.

ok, back to not posting again.

allegiant

Evenly Distributed

Anyone check the new Scuba album? Quite liked his RA podcast (the dubstep half more than the SCB half though).

Wonder what upset him? Someone probably slagged off Arsenal in the football thread...

Album's ace. Been hooked on 'So You Think You're Special' and 'Lights Out' for a couple of weeks now.

Richard Carnage

A lot of people were loving his Aesenic EP, but I found it a little dull for my personal tastes. Really love Triangulation though - a real step forward for him and it takes him more out of the techno/dubstep box than ever, which can only be a good thing judging from the current diversity of his DJ sets.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
The mods have to change the site name to dissenssusmusowankers.com. Can't be taken....

Jeez, the lad sounds a bit uptight! What a, er, shitta.

grizzleb

lol @ lurkers moaning about a forum. If you're a producer and you aren't a 'muso' then surely you're in the wrong game I'd have thought?

tom lea

muggs on twitter: can't do it, too much circle jerk.

ive met joe a couple of times and he's safe as anything, but i dont know what he's chatting about when he posts on dubstep forum.