Immryr

i wasn't ready for Clunk Click Every Trip to go so Vangelis, its soaring and beautiful, he is a really masterful producer imo, he has a touch that i don't think is matched by many in dance music at the moment

too right yet again ben. peverelist is so fucking good. i'm still having a hard time getting over how good infinity is now is. he really is incredible. and this is coming from someone who got disenchanted with dubstep a fair while ago.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Peverelist - Gather [Unreleased] < this tune is howardgoodles, on the latest ruffage session feat. appleblim

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

Peverlist was good at Venn festival in Bristol. (Maurizio also billed but just played sluggish dub (and Bury da Boy) which was disappointing as had hoped for some minimal shizzle).

Pinch was wicked at FWD last week, really understated.

Joker was a bit samey and the treble was to high and piercing but a few good ones in there for sure.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Jakes and Joker at subloaded whenever that was was like a nightmare set for me- wobble/rewind/wobble/rewind/wobble/rewind/Snake Eater... + drum n bass MCs. I was in a bad mood though, to be fair...

Was chatting to Pinch at third base and he said people always expect his sets to be all deep but that that's only one side of the Bristol thing and that's why he tends to go into more upbeat jakesy kinda stuff as well... to be honest that's the bit when his sets become less interesting for me, although I think he's such a good builder of sets that it doesn't jar as much as when certain other DJs go straight from the most deep minimal tune straight into a Rusko tune. His set at the Detonate indoor festival was supoib- esp. the first thirty minutes or so.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I like Jakes' tunes actually, its just a load of them in a row does my head in... 'Deranged' is the word I use for them as well, '3Kout' sounds like a juddering fit.

petergunn

plywood violin
so i was listening to records online tonight and it seems like the digidub people have all jumped on the dubstep bandwagon... so many records that are just standard digidub w/ a bit of wobble... i, for one, am not feeling this...

mms

sometimes
so i was listening to records online tonight and it seems like the digidub people have all jumped on the dubstep bandwagon... so many records that are just standard digidub w/ a bit of wobble... i, for one, am not feeling this...

ignore those records tho as there are shit loads of good ones out there.

tom pr

what do people think of snake eater btw? i got it the other day, and i really want to like it- the idea of joker making this quite grandoise bond theme style track- but then i listen to it and it just sounds like that kanye west diamonds are forever one. plus there's that breakdown in the middle, where you think the tune's going to go in another direction and up the intensity, but it just goes back to the same thing as before.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Snake Eater works on a big system when you're drunk. Must admit I find it a bit boring otherwise- definitely not as good as Hollybrook Park, The 80s, Electric Sea etc... I want some of those tunes to be released, I think the first two are coming out soon on Joker's label.

elgato

I just dont know
i love it, wasn't convinced originally but now i feel it a lot. so big and bashy, bass is completely ridiculous, and the vibe is crazed. amazing in the mix also

but im with Corpsey in preferring his more g-funk influenced stuff, Retro Racer is still the one for me, cant wait for that to drop

tom pr

yeah- must admit i didnt realise how mad the bass actually was until hearing it at plastic people last night...

Blackdown

nexKeysound
There's another Joker tune called "Dead End" that's killing it for me. Less club friendly than "Holly Brook Park" but still amazing. It's some kind of crazy 70s Handcock-Headhunters/grime mutation. Next level.

tom pr

that trg tune is the one! got yr pm mate- just sorting some ebay stuff out now but will paypal you in a minute... :)

optimum

Poochie
Fwd was great last night. Nice to hear Greena play techno, Dabrye, Drexciya, new Ikonika, Lil Wayne over Waajeed's Tron (or was it Rustie?) that Jus Wan Pantha remix as well as his own stuff. Geiom and Appleblim were very good too, best fwd I've been to in a while.

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

event-290608.gif

N-Type and Youngsta going a garage set? That sounds amazing.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
That's.... arousing. Wish I could go.

Does anyone have that rinse session where yunx did an hour of garage at the start? I've lost mine!

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
BTW - blackdown last night = absolutely superb.

Top selection, really good sequencing and sections - a proper show.

Yes I'm biased cos he played one of my beats literally hours after finishing it - but still wicked show!