Alfons

Way of the future
just put up a dubstep mix, the tracks might seem old to you lot but there's a few curveballs and a couple of Icelandic producers that might appeal (apart from my obvious selection and mixin' skills!):
http://kalli.breakbeat.is/mp3/kalli_-_mars_dubstep_mix.mp3

tracklist:
1. Scuba – Twitch (Jamie Vex’d Remix) (Hotflush)
2. Joker – Digidesign (Hyperdub)
3. Lil Wayne feat Static – Lollipop (Instrumental) (Warner Music)
4. 2000F & J Kamata – You Don’t Know What Love Is (Hyperdub)
5. Guido – Orchestral Lab (Punch Drunk)
6. Joker – Gully Brook Lane (Terrorrhythm)
7. Zomby – Spliff Dub (Rustie Remix) (Hyperdub)
8. Quarta 330 - ASUTATA50 (Maltine)
9. Oculus – Mind Bobling (Dub)
10. 2 Bad Mice – Waremouse (Moving Shadow)
11. The Bug feat. Flow Dan – Skeng (Kode9 Remix) (Hyperdub)
12. Peverelist – Clunk Click Every Trip (Punch Drunk)
13. Pinch – Midnight Oil (Tectonic)
14. DLX – Matter of Fact (Breakage’s Relatively Speaking Mix) (Smog)
15. Loefah – Goat Stare (DMZ)
16. Kode9 – Bad (Hyperdub)
17. Ramadanman – Offal (Soul Jazz)
18. Hypno – Sine of the Child (Dub)
19. Joe – Rut (Hessle Audio)
20. Ramadanman – Penn Hill (MPFree)
21. Mount Kimbie – William (Hotflush)

more mixes in my podcast:
kalli.breakbeat.is/podcast

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
for me hearing crazy jump on the mic at shackleton's recent set was a real moment. i rate him, its not really fwd without him. for sure on recordings its a bit annoying, so what tho.

kode's mixing has been real great a couple of times i've seen him recently (night slugs/ MMM), i mean anything more than 16/32 bar mixing doesn't do much for me unless its actually a ,sick blend, most of the time i hear really long drawn out mixes i just yawn. tunes = 99% of the game.

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
yeah , by sick blend , i wasn't refering to tightness , rather if the two tunes went well together. hear alot of 64 bar mixes and just think , meh, you just double dropped them for the sake of it.

talking air tbh , just not that fussed about mixing skills in context of kode's set , would take that over any super tightly mixed yet poorly selected set.

tom lea

the dorian concept tune kode plays on that set is 'vertical output', right? i'm not at home so can't check, but i'm pretty sure it's the a side on the maximal minimalization 12" he put out earlier this year.

tom lea

that is a good man (all puns intended) that says somethign like that. anyone have any suggestions of some examples of Kode's dj sets? the kind he talks about mixing up hiphop, funk, house, and UKG.
his 2 hours at plastic people from a month or two ago were great; best i've ever seen him play maybe. played probably an hour of funky, big tunes like yellowtail in with a bunch of stuff i didn't know, not 100% but he probably played those grievous angel tunes. then wound that down into a bit more head-noddy, rustie/heralds type stuff, built that back up into some joker, zomby, some more dubstep-y bits, then poison dart and thuggish ruggish. moved in so many different directions, but never lost the crowd's attention.

he's played a lot of the same tunes when i've seen him lately- digidesign, kaliko (i think, that or aquafresh), poision dart, thuggish, pulse x refix, loser refix etc- and it can get predictable when he just plays for an hour (thinking the bloc set and night slugs) but over 2 hours he really got the chance to space them out and work around them.

plus he opened with 'word up' at bloc too.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
tempa001 getting a repress..

Anyone know if there are any more represses planned? Have always loved that Dub War tune 'Murderous Style', would like to pick it up some day.

(the Tempa bods called Dub War, that is)

Alfons

Way of the future
the dorian concept tune kode plays on that set is 'vertical output', right? i'm not at home so can't check, but i'm pretty sure it's the a side on the maximal minimalization 12" he put out earlier this year.

that's not the one at 42:30, but it does sound like it might be a Dorian Concept thing as someone suggested upthread.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Usually I'm not much of a one for purism, and I'm certainly not qualified to act as a dubstep 'head', but I would have to say that most stuff I've heard from Rusko and Caspa so far is crap. Rubber Chicken was ok though I guess.

Heh. From digging a little deeper into Rusko's output, it seems that yet again I was wrong :eek:. Snes Dub is a killer. :cool:
Let it never be said that I won't hold my hand up to my mistakes!

gumdrops

random old dubstep query - i have this plasticman cd which is 'fwd vol 2' from 05/06 i think. what was vol 1? cant find anything about it on google.