I don't doubt that. But still, if it's the Mystikz banner I'd at least hope for maybe two co-produced tracks. Either new or unreleased. As opposed to "DIGITAL MYSTIKZ: MALA'S GREATEST HITS!"
I don't think it's supposed to be the Mystikz banner, and as far as I can remember they haven't done anything together since their 1st Big Apple release, have they?

Sadly, it seems that it's happening what I hoped not to when the release was announced, people are reading too much into it because of it being a 3x12" but I don't get the feeling that it was ever thought of as an album, more like a few tunes put together in a release so people can play them out in a dance

mms

sometimes
I don't doubt that. But still, if it's the Mystikz banner I'd at least hope for maybe two co-produced tracks. Either new or unreleased. As opposed to "DIGITAL MYSTIKZ: MALA'S GREATEST HITS!"

ok but its not got any coki tracks on, but moaning that it's not what you wanted is worthless as it is what it is and what it is is good.

from fact:
'Well, we say album, the catalogue number is DMZLP001, but Mala – real name Mark Lawrence – is simply viewing this vinyl triple-pack as a chance to release some of the productions that have been highlights of his DJ sets. '
"It’s just a triple pack to me really.”

"I really enjoy continuing the DMZ thing, so to put out a triple pack is definitely exciting, it feels like the right time to do it, and it’s almost like I’m just catching up with what I wanted to release in the last year but never got round to so I’ve put it all together, you know.”

seems simple enough to me

Last edited:

gumdrops

for what it does this roska album isnt bad at all. hold on with amber coffman is def one of the better 2 step vocal revisits ive heard in recent years.

joe.dfx

who knows...
if you look at the credits most Digital Mystikz tracks aren't Coki & Mala together anyway. I think only 3-4 Digital Mystikz tracks are credited to both writting together. (although the DMZ one's dont have credits given (005/008).)

i can't believe people are moaning about this release...

:rolleyes:

benjybars

village elder.
are you talking about the dmz album?
mines fine and the heavyweight virgin vinyl is a bonus.

really?

the more i listen to my copy the more i come to realise how flat it sounds. might be my needles tho?

wonder why mountain dread march was pressed at 33?? makes it sound shabby.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Dear Dissensus,

Can everyone please stop discussing the DMZ LP until my copy arrives?

The anticipation is driving me insane.

Love,

Dr A.

bobbin

What

Ory

warp drive
just got mine as well. sounding good, no skips. was hoping the drums on 'return II space' (the track) would be more emphasized though. it's a stormer.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
unfortunately it's pretty shit.

i've heard 4 copies and they all sound a bit weak tbh.

such shame cos the music is soooo good.

Damn :(

Mine is just perfect :)

Edit - Sorry if that seems smug, just saying you might want to check your needles or see if you can swap it for a new copy from wherever you bought it

Last edited: