Your most tenuous or absurd claims to fame

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Having a nice chat or getting pleasantly stoned with a famous person does not really count as 'tenuous or absurd' does it?

I had a cup of tea with Patrick Moore AT HIS HOUSE. Beat that!

Sure I've mentioned this on here somewhere before. As if to close the circle, he's apparently a good friend of Brian May...

Chris

fractured oscillations
Having a nice chat or getting pleasantly stoned with a famous person does not really count as 'tenuous or absurd' does it?

Oh yeah... right...

One time I ran into Jason Newsted (formerly of Metallica obvs) at a Z-Trip gig on Thanksgiving. I didn't chat with him about electronic music or get him high though, just respectfully asked to shake his hand. He gave me this sagely nod and shook my hand like a fucking metal baddass. The former metalhead in me was most pleased.

True story... It was all pretty random... I don't even know why I was at a Z-trip gig on Thanksgiving (I think a friend had a free ticket...?), let alone Jason Newsted.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
soundtrack for this thread=

Pooh Sticks "I Know Someone Who Knows Someone Who Knows Alan McGee Quite Well"

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Are they married? Fuck, what a sight that must be. :D

I remember some TV program about attraction that involved experiments to show how people often ended up with partners that looked like themselves. The height of narcissism.

Leo

grew up a few blocks away from celebrity chef emeril lagasse.

my freshman year college roommate was fred giannelli, one-time psychic tv guitarist who's released lots of electronic dance stuff on his telepathic label and others.

once spilled some beer on thurston moore at a redd kross show.

and a few weeks ago, ran into liv tyler in the west village pushing a baby stroller, all by herself, no handlers/nannies to help, which was kinda cool.

polymorphic

Spatt Mendlove
i met pat sharpe at a wedding once (during the waist-length mullet period).. right boring twat.

timmy mallet was there too - his wife is a proper little mouse.. you would be though, if your husband had a mallet..

What the fuck were you doing at a wedding with those two ?!?!

Funhouse my arse..

barry_abs

lil' beyutch
What the fuck were you doing at a wedding with those two ?!?!
my brother's marriage - he worked in radio.. fuck knows what he had in common with sharpe and mallet though.. frank carson and paul mckenna were there too.. i traded jokes with carson but mckenna lurked in the shadows then left early.. the whole thing ended in farce when it kicked off between the newly-wed and one of my other brothers (not for the first time!!)

we were all shitfaced and the mood was volatile from the off.

Lichen

Pat Sharpe's ex girlfriend worked on reception at my first employer's

wow! it's such a small world!

Woebot

Graham Gooch shoved me when I asked for his autograph (he was making his way BACK from the crease to the pavillion)

yeah i was wondering when that would rear its ugly head ;)

my brother and i got our napkins signed by eddie "the eagle" edwards in the cheltenham branch of pizza hut