The return of Einsturzende Neubauten...

Benny Bunter

Last time I bump this thread, honest :D

Anyway, finally received the supporters version of the new album Alles weider offen and its...quite good:slanted:

To be honest I was really hyped up about this record after going through the whole supporters project, and seeing the album being made via podcasts, talking to the band on the forum etc, but I'm ultimately slightly underwhelmed. Some excellent stuff on there that I recognised from their live shows over the last few years finally making it to disc though, but its definitely no Perpetuum Mobile unfortunately. Then again, it could well be a grower...

Anyone else heard it yet?

zhao

there are no accidents
:mad:it's been sitting here for a month now and i've been meaning to play it for that long:mad:

Benny Bunter

Know the feeling. Been buying so much stuff recently that I've been a bit distracted from giving this some proper attention. Giving it a spin now and really diggin' Venuskolonie, especially when the bassline kicks in:cool:, and perusing the booklet, it seems Blixa's lyrics are as great as ever. Love the perculiar English translations of German lyrics, although I'm pretty sure they're still pretty strange in the original language too!

"what had stuck in and kept me worried is hanging in front of me and drying like old vegetables, dessicated fruit"

...pretentious really, but he somehow gets away with this kind of stuff all the time. Love it...

zhao

there are no accidents
...pretentious really, but he somehow gets away with this kind of stuff all the time. Love it...

i was thinking the other day that the ability to make shit lyrics (not referring to above) sound fucking GREAT is one of the sure sign of, if not the deciding factor?, of genius.

for instance, in "Nasty Boy", the chorus is "dress to impress, spark a bitch's interest". what. the. fuck. but biggie is somehow able to make that corny ass shit sound good.