crackerjack

If I could overcome my disappointment from when Brighton beat southampton on Sky earlier this season, I could probably bring myself to write about them..

that was sweeeeeet:) and by far the best result of Poyet's first two months - now he's on a roll, looking good for mid-table mediocrity

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Read an interview with Poyet a few months ago. Apparently he was looking to buy a flat in Brighton and he was gazumped by one of his own players

scottdisco

rip this joint please
going to two away games on the trot now. first newcastle away on monday (v exciting!!) and bristol c away next saturday...

if you like real ale DQ, the Newcastle Arms near the stadium is a fine pub.

give Shearer's Bar a wide berth though.

appropriately enough, it's normally so busy on match days you have to elbow your way in...

...no doubt you can let loose a few choruses of 'My garden shed is bigger than this...' when you're inside the Nwc ground.

hucks

Your Message Here
Couple of months ago I would have fancied Forest at Newcastle but your away form has tottlaly deserted you, eh DQ?

Went to Swindon last week where that garden shed song was almost literally true. Some guy on the NCFC boards thought the words were "My garden shed/ Is bigger than this/ And so is my penis". Where do you go with that?

Off to Carrow Rd today, for 1st v 2nd. Our turnaround this season is almost unbelievable. All the pressure's on Leeds

don_quixote

Trent End
yeah. our form is absolutely bizarro, so this is why i have stepped in to try and instigate a turnaround with my first away game of the season. we have won a club record 12 home games in a row. we have lost something like 7 away matches in a row. what is that all about?

scottdisco

rip this joint please
yeah. our form is absolutely bizarro, so this is why i have stepped in to try and instigate a turnaround with my first away game of the season. we have won a club record 12 home games in a row. we have lost something like 7 away matches in a row. what is that all about?

is it true some of your fans are now barracking BD? i know your recent form as you and hucks note has been speckly, but you surely just have to shake your head at that. i mean, what's he done in the last couple of years is great...

scottdisco

rip this joint please
good luck Hucks, i was well pleased for Wall on Monday night, and i am sure you too can do the business.

oh i saw the (wonderful) touring exhibtion of Bridget Riley at Birmingham Art Gallery the other day. there's a huge green and yellow Op Art thing there. i thought it would be perfect for the Carrow lobby :D

don_quixote

Trent End
is it true some of your fans are now barracking BD? i know your recent form as you and hucks note has been speckly, but you surely just have to shake your head at that. i mean, what's he done in the last couple of years is great...

i've not heard it. there's always moaning fans though so i don't doubt it. i've not read any dissent on the forum i frequent though, beyond wishing he'd stop moaning about the transfer panel.

and it's not even the last couple of years. this time last year we were 22nd, just lost 3 on the trot and were going down. then we had the miracle against bristol city and the world changed.

Last edited:

scottdisco

rip this joint please
i've not heard it. there's always moaning fans though so i don't doubt it. i've not read any dissent on the forum i frequent though, beyond wishing he'd stop moaning about the transfer panel.

glad to hear it re forum. that's cool.

'the miracle against bristol city' :)

for the record, i would LOVE you and Albion up automatic, and either another midlands club or a Welsh team via the PL. (we need more Mercian teams in the top flight, and a thinning of the Lancastrian herd. and an Anglian team in a few years, natch.)
obviously barcodes looking nailed on, but crossing all crossables...

crackerjack

Read an interview with Poyet a few months ago. Apparently he was looking to buy a flat in Brighton and he was gazumped by one of his own players

So that'll b why he didn't want to give Nicky Forster a new contract ;)

and it's not even the last couple of years. this time last year we were 22nd, just lost 3 on the trot and were going down. then we had the miracle against bristol city and the world changed.

Nothing but respect for Billy Davies. His treatment by Derby has to go down as World's Worst Sacking.

tom lea

poyet once got in a bit of trouble at spurs when he was playing for them, they interviewed him for the programme and asked him about spurs vs chelsea, and he said he'll always prefer us. they didnt print it. top bloke.

crackerjack

Lee Hendrie makes his debut for us today...:slanted: Anyone seen him in his Derby time? I'd like to think Poyet knows how to handle irascible cunts - he's top mates with Dennis Wise, after all.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
this week is a veritable feast of football. Arsenal-Barcelona tomorrow couldn't be less than a classic, could it?

so gutted i have so much work to do in the evenings... :(

hucks

Your Message Here
Arse v Barce will be a veritable festival of tippity tappity football!;)

DQ - St James's Park is enormous, innit? You can pretty much see one side of the ground from Sunderland