paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Chelsea v Villa is on ITV, except in Scotland where we get Rosemary and Thyme. I've been parred by ITV

jenks

thread death
Fucking ITV coverage of the FA Cup - Pompey Chimes shit and Jim Beglin condoning shocking ref decisions just cos the it makes a good story that Portsmouth go through. Wretched performance by the ref, awful surface - a disallowed goal for spurs and a pen that shouldn't have been. Must admit the boy has taken it better than I have - glad we couldn't get tickets now.

don_quixote

Trent End
i thought that was a cast iron penalty. didn't see the disallowed goal properly but if you sneeze on a goalkeeper the ref usually blows.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Cardiff or Swansea woudln't be easy....though Swansea seem to have been on a bad run recently, such that they might not even make it. :(

Wednesday, in their fight against relegation, have to play Cardiff, Sheffield United, and then Crystal Palace (fellow strugglers) in their last three games. This is shaping up to be a grand dogfight....i think we're gonna need two wins to assure us of safety...

crackerjack

Congratulations Hucks.

Brighton sailed past 50 points today, so that should see us safe for another year. But if you could see your way to beating Gillingham next week anyway...

jenks

thread death
Well I don't think I've seen Chelsea look quite so awful for some time. If Spurs had buried even half their chances.

Spurs looking better every week - there was no sense of last ditch defending like there was on Wednesday and there seemed something inevitable about Terry getting sent off. I really don't think he had anything to complain about with either yellow card.

Bale has been a revelation - if he and Lennon could both be fit at the same time they'd be great to watch. Even Kaboul didn't screw up!

Still think Bentley is punching above his weight and that even though Pav is a fan's favourite he's just not clinical enough. Winning both those matches with Palacios is a real surprise.

Now how the fuck did we get bumped out the Cup?

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Now how the fuck did we get bumped out the Cup?

i know! that disallowed was softer than City's penalty versus the Blues of Birmingham.

OVERJOYED for Hucks (and Rochdale and Notts County and Stevenage).

looking interesting at both ends of League 1, people.

Espanyol's new ground is quite nice. tight. i watched the Genoa derby last weekend and Sampdoria are still sponsored by ERG. they were the sponsors in the post-Italia '90 years when Platt and Walker were there i'm sure; mental.

i was mildly peeved w Trafford's first senior team and their (deserved, tbf) win yday, but then Trafford's other senior team got an extremely creditable draw at Luton and all was well.

His name is Gareth Bale he comes from Tottenham Hale etc