Phaedo

Thierry schoolin' Walcott on the Arsenal bench tonight, everytime the camera cuts to him he's talking in his ear.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I find it hard to hate Man City because I can't help but feel that it's all going to go pear-shaped for them sooner rather than later, what with them being Man City. Spurs are really getting my goat because they've been playing really well and having Spurs getting good results week after week is just wrong.

Also, I hear that Gary Cahill's move to Chelsea is being delayed while his wife agrees personal terms with John Terry. Boomtishhh

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
That finish was immaculate, but the pass from Song was pretty Xavi-esque too. Ridiculous storybook comeback.

Talking of Xavi, I know Messi is the best player in the world, but that Xavi has never (?) won the Ballon D'Or is kinda ludicrous at some level. I think he (or Iniesta - jesus christ, the man scored the winning goal in the world cup final) should get a honorary award to make up for this, like Ryan Giggs being PFA POTY in 2009 or whenever it was.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Not seen anyone mention this goal from the weekend which was a classic (although some might say that you can see why Blackburn are bottom with defending like that). Newcastle's other goal was also great.

That last tight turn when he looks like he's totally run out of space was the icing on the cake.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Spurs just keep on bloody winning, they're level on points with Man U now. I realised recently that I have fixed ideas of how teams should be performing based on my years of watching football (probably a sign that I'm turning into my dad), and so this confuses and upsets me

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
It is unnatural that Tottenham are performing so consistently. Since the opening two defeats, they've been 14-3-1, which is more than championship form. The end times are nigh.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
no i'm sure they don't, but the tone of it struck me as particularly British, the dull petty jealousy at someone else's success, and the crowing about a single victory when Liverpool are clearly (football wise; as a club they've become an embarrassment and I think lost a lot of neutrals' fondness for them) no great shakes as a football team, so crowing over a 1-0 Carling Cup win is quite sad... it's the abuse, rather than simply teasing him, that rankles with me. I think British people are masters of random pettiness.

I dont' like Nasri, but I'd be interested in having a short chat with him, the guy's a talented footballer. All they want to do is abuse him; there seems zero interest in fooball.

Last edited: