paolo

Mechanical phantoms
So who's going to win the Prem and who would you like to win it?

I'm going to say City will get it. I think that Liverpool will drop points against Chelsea, who always raise their game for the big matches, and that City will be able to do enough to overtake them. I also think that Liverpool will also really miss Henderson

I think that while Chelsea may well be able to get something at Anfield they will drop points in games against the smaller teams (Cardiff away on the final day looks dangerous). Playing in the CL as well doesn't help

If Chelsea don't win the title (and I think that they'll be doing well to finish second) then I'd like to see Liverpool get it. I have a long-standing dislike of that team (for no real reason) but I can't deny that they have played some great football this season. Also it would be good to see someone 'new' win it. I say new because I don't remember the last time Liverpool won a title

I'm so good at predicting things :cool:

nomos

Administrator
Bale to Real, Arsenal get Ozil.
Suarez to Barca, Arsenal get Sanchez.

:D

The idea of Sanchez, along with injury-free Theo, Ox and Ramsey doing runs around Ozil is exciting. More so if they can get Khedira or Schneiderlin, and if Wilshere can stay healthy and have the breakthrough he needs. I'll miss Sagna.

Really curious how Fabregas + Costa will work our for Chelsea. Costa was obviously great in La Liga last season, but not too effective at the World Cup. Are AM and CFC's styles maybe closer than AM and Spain? Looked like they might be when they met in the CL.

Last edited:

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I'm going to predict that City will win the Premiership again. West Brom, Sunderland and Villa to go down

nomos

Administrator
I just watched Cesc Fabregas hug John Terry. I knew it was about to happen and I yet just stood there, watching. It was horrible.

nomos

Administrator
Jose, why so blue?

2mma7tz.jpg

hucks

Your Message Here
Well that was unlikely.

Was expecting this to be droid posting Wes Hoolahan vines. I'll do it myself then.

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/wa...as-gotten-the-irish-fans-all-very-giddy/43469

Read a good piece in the Irish indie that enjoyment of Hoolahan is tinged with the sadness that he wasn't picked for so long and, at 33, he's not got long left. It's been a bit like that at Norwich- every manager drops him to begin with and then they either figure out that we need to build our attack around him or we get relegated and they get sacked

Love him.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
RIP Cruyff. One of a handful of players who were so good that they were able to play at the highest level in exactly the same brilliantly carefree way that you'd imagine they would approach a kickabout in the park. Zidane ( about as good as it gets), Maradona and Messi are the others that spring to mind for me. All the others just look so boringly professional by comparison.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
jesus f-ing christ. might as well give up watching football now - this might be the greatest fairytale in all of sport, nothing left to be surprised about

droid

Was expecting this to be droid posting Wes Hoolahan vines. I'll do it myself then.

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/wa...as-gotten-the-irish-fans-all-very-giddy/43469

Read a good piece in the Irish indie that enjoyment of Hoolahan is tinged with the sadness that he wasn't picked for so long and, at 33, he's not got long left. It's been a bit like that at Norwich- every manager drops him to begin with and then they either figure out that we need to build our attack around him or we get relegated and they get sacked

Love him.

I think Hoolahan is going to get a fair shake at the euros, which is great, because he's brill.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I thought the first half of Manaus '14 was better/slicker (obvs the second half....not). I was a bit underwhelmed by England tbh given the quality of their players, which is v high. If/when they all click, could be an excellent team

As to Wales, superb effort. They rode their luck a bit, but the Slovaks are a good team