don_quixote

Trent End
This. Sensible soccer was fucking dope. Get the ball on half way, turn outside, turn back, boooooooooooom! One nil!

Also Norwich were really good on it cos the company was from there or something. And yeah a ring bound print out of the post dubstep threader the winner. Two print outs for the loser.

if i remember correctly - norwich werent in the proper game, but they were in the "custom teams". alongside such awesome teams as flower power and chinese food xi

might be wrong though. not about the custom teams. the custom teams were awesome.

Ulala

Awkward Woodward
Also Norwich were really good on it cos the company was from there or something...

'Tis true. The programmer had this to say in a 'making of' article in Edge magazine:

"Is there anything in the original game people still might not have figured out? [Jon] Hare is an ardent Norwich fan, and he admits to fixing the figures a little: "I think we did tend to favour our own teams a bit. Players I liked, my favourite Norwich players, I probably tweaked the stats up a bit, because I like them. You've got to. You don't want your favourite guy out there looking like a monkey." No, especially not one 12 pixels high."

Back on to real football - let's talk transfers. Has your team bought or sold anyone good? I'm a de facto Ipswich fan (geographical and ancestral reasons) but I'm a fairweather dilettante and only support them when they're winning. The fact that Lee Bowyer has been purchased offends me, not so much for his talents on the park but because he is an unsavoury prick.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Croatia
Serbia
Belgium
Scotland
Macedonia
Wales

Craig Levein and the Scottish papers seem to think this is a fairly easy group, but I don't think we have a hope in hell of qualifying from that. I'd be surprised if England didn't win their group comfortably (and then make a bollocks of the finals)

Anyone got any objections to Dissensible Soccer? I wish I'd thought of that one myself to be honest

don_quixote

Trent End
Croatia
Serbia
Belgium
Scotland
Macedonia
Wales

Craig Levein and the Scottish papers seem to think this is a fairly easy group, but I don't think we have a hope in hell of qualifying from that. I'd be surprised if England didn't win their group comfortably (and then make a bollocks of the finals)

Anyone got any objections to Dissensible Soccer? I wish I'd thought of that one myself to be honest

that's a very tough group because the midtable is difficult. serbia have some great players and belgium are on the up.

and we won't start on croatia. then again, lots of the teams could take points off each other.

e/y

really great goal from Nani. turning into a v. good game.

heh @ Clichy. weird seeing him do that for another team.

Last edited:

highhhness

one does
ok so - prior to today's game - i put a tasty-looking bet on the twop 4, as follows:

citeh
man u
liverpool (faith in kenny. & chelsea are a bit old).
chelsea

and felt very pleased with myself. then was swiftly reminded this afternoon that you can never NEVER count on ferguson not knowing what he's doing. i am £20 down and corrected.

e/y

they're bound to be pretty effective, but are so incredibly dull to watch. a player like Silva is wasted on Mancini.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Prediction time anyone? I seem to remember getting almost all of mine wrong last year

Premiership title - Chelsea (AVB>>>>SAF)
Top four - Chelsea, Man U, City, Liverpool
Relegated - Norwich, Swansea, Wigan (hope that Norwich and Swansea stay up though)
FA Cup - Arsenal
Champions League - Barca (controversial I know)
SPL - Celtic

Phaedo

Title: Chelsea (one more season in those old legs i reckon)
Top 4: Chelsea, Man C, Man U, Arsenal
Relegated: Norwich, Wolves, Blackburn
FA Cup: Liverpool
Champions League: Barca

Wenger to be sacked if no trophies for Arsenal I reckon as well.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
A seven-year-old boy from Argentina has been signed by soccer giants Real Madrid after he was spotted during try-outs for their children’s team. Leonel Angel Coira, who has lived in Spain since he was aged four, will join the kids’ team in September on a one-year renewable contract. His father Miguel told the Spanish newspaper ABC that Leonel, who likes to be called Leo, was first approached by Atletico Madrid before the offer from rival team Real. Leo will not be paid but will have his travel costs covered and will be eligible to join the first team when he is 16.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"He looks like a better player than me"
If by some incredible collision of circumstances I happen to play against him I'd like to think that a well-timed reducer early doors might limit his effectiveness.