bloody miserable

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
I think a good way to keep from being miserable is setting goals for yourself. I am not talking grand life plans just little things. Like today I will cook dinner, tomorrow I will bike to work, saturday I will go visit that book shop I've never been to. So you always have something to look forward to.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
no goth is much more respectable. atleast what it used to be when I was one.

Zhao, that capital 'I' is like a dark doorway opening into the bleak, tormented depths of your soul...

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
christian death goth or projekt goth?

neither:

4a-bauhaus.jpg

T... you know me better than i thought :)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Heh, that reminds me of this feller:
knorosov.jpg

Yuri Knorosov, officially the EVILEST MAN IN THE WORLD and, frankly, a terrible loss to the world of goth-rock (he was a palaeolinguist and ethnographer).

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Heh, that reminds me of this feller:
knorosov.jpg

Yuri Knorosov, officially the EVILEST MAN IN THE WORLD and, frankly, a terrible loss to the world of goth-rock (he was a palaeolinguist and ethnographer).

He looks JUST like Andrew Eldritch, funnily enough...

zhao

there are no accidents
Re: emo

for this do you can hate the magazine for ever.

(but heres a reminder that for this one you can keep loving it for ever at the same time.)

gek-opel

entered apprentice
I found it was utter platitudinous shite which you could do for yourself from a book, basically. Not that it worked.

zhao

there are no accidents
Wanna try and sort my head out this year, feel like I'm wasting my life.

i don't know anything about the therapy method, maybe nomad can shed some light?

but congrats on the decision. most people don't come to this realization until they're in their 50s. and you are what? 26 or so?

i could prolly use some myself as well...

swears

preppy-kei
I found it was utter platitudinous shite which you could do for yourself from a book, basically. Not that it worked.

Yeah, I know it might be like that, but my problem is that I am constantly negative about everything to a ridiculous extreme. There are things I just obsess and worry about over and over again, it gets me nowhere, it's pointless. Yesterday I bought the wrong kind of pepper and I was so angry I seriously felt like punching myself in the face, totally overreacting to stupid things like a little kid.

I don't really care if it's a bit gormless and happy clappy, I'm willing to give myself up to the process, listen to the bullshit and see where it takes me.

One thing I am going to avoid at all costs is SSRIs though: http://taylor-parkes.livejournal.com/21855.html

gek-opel

entered apprentice
My friend/ex/whatever says she has no bad side effects from withdrawing and begs me on a regular basis to go on them. But then again she hasn't actually tried to come off them properly and has been on them for ten years now. I literally trust big Pharma on things like this less than I'd trust a neighbourhood smack dealer (ie- not at all).

But Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy is pretty much useless, as far as I could tell, and after a year my therapist told me it had only made me worse and said I had to stop.

zhao

there are no accidents
one man's waste of time may be another's best friend...

i think this is especially true of therapeutic methods.

Gek i think a certain amount of information and warning is good but maybe not too much discouraging Swears on something he feels might work for him... because if you feel like it will work it probably will. what you get out depends on what you put in right?

gek-opel

entered apprentice
i think this is especially true of therapeutic methods.

Gek i think a certain amount of information and warning is good but maybe not too much discouraging Swears on something he feels might work for him... because if you feel like it will work it probably will. what you get out depends on what you put in right?

Sure. I don't know enough about the inside of Swears mind to know if it might work or not for him. Worth a shot- but one thing I would advise- if after giving it your all you see no benefit within two months, stop.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthinformation/therapies/cognitivebehaviouraltherapy.aspx
OK, somebody told me this would be perfect for me. Any experience/opinions of it?

My ex is one of the heads of CBT in the country, and I was around him when he was training for six years so I know a fair bit about this stuff - in my opinion, CBT is brilliantly effective if you've got something SPECIFIC you want to treat - i.e fear of spiders, some forms of obsessive compulsive disorder, some manifestations of what people now called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but I would approach it with something specific in mind. As with anything else, it depends on who you get as well.

Like Gek says it's pretty straightforward, it wouldn't hurt or fuck you up to do it, but like I said I think it's only effective for things that are compartmentable.