there are no accidents
ok lets count the number of clicks it takes to up an album:

1 to zip up

1 to open browser window

1 to click upload

1 to find zip file

1 to click ok.

and after you have to copy and paste.

are you too lazy to make click your mouse 5 times and copy/paste?

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
Bah, I was only half-serious... It's not my music, what right do I have to get all proprietary on a bunch of board lurkers. I don't have a laptop anyway, and am too broke (currently) to get one anyway... I would like to learn the wise ways of Ableton though.

So here's the bongoflava, replete with low bitrates, crappy wma's, missing artists and made-up track names, scraped together from hacking through a jungle of broken links on geocities-generation websites: the way downloading third-world digital music should be.

http://www.zshare.net/download/4244268a40bcf8/

Seriously, this is the last time I remember getting the "thrill-of-the-hunt" feeling from looking for music! Damn kids totally have bongoflava spoonfed to them these days, not like in '05!

zhao

there are no accidents
haha that's pretty funny. thanks very much for the bongo flava.

but i think for every misshapen collections of oddities you or anyone else cares to put up, i will PM them some official recordings as reward. posting in-print and available stuff is against my policies anyway, but especially if it's some poor crew in a place as super ultra fucked by imperialism as Tanzania, prolly has to save up for 2 years just for a week of studio time... the kind of collections you post serves as great introductions to get people exposed to the sound, so that helps the communities at large, and after people are exposed, they should pay for the kind of albums I'll be PMing you. cheers.

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
I don't remember the source, but during the height of my bongo-phase I remember discovering that a lot of the money for recording comes from a Dutch NGO. Oh the wild fantasies I had about interning there! I also started furtive plans for a nonprofit org that would distribute drum machines, 4tracks and microphones to villages all over Africa. Perhaps not coincidentally there was a lot of coke in the household at the time...

Just checked the XPlastaz album... it's on a German label, but was mostly recorded in Holland. The video for Bamiza is a completely different version of the song, best thing they've done that I've heard -- it's like some alt-universe Wu-Tang.