zapatista yoghurt

sufi

lala
marcos%20yoghurt.jpg

marcos <--------------------------separated at birth---------------------->yoghurt
????

zhao

there are no accidents
whats funny is the first thing i saw and thought when i clicked on this page, before i realize what you were on about, was "that logo looks like a face".

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
me and my brother got robbed in chiapas two years ago when we were visiting. we took a night bus through the jungle and we were both asleep until we were woken up by a guy in a ski mask shining a flashlight in our face shouting "support". apart from me and my brother there were about five other tourists, all of them got the same treatment. the rest of the bus was filled with local people, children and women mostly who didn't blink an eye. nobody cared. i'm not sure if it was the zapatista or some random bandit. i recently heard that things have gotten worse in chiapas and that narco groups have been extending their power in the region.

version

Some of Marcos' writing reminds me of Borges. The short, allegorical stories. Maybe it's an Americas thing and that's just their style. I know they've a specific thing called a ''Cronica'' which Lispector and lots of others have written.

Apparently this is another of his:

The Tale Of The Little Newsboy

Once upon a time, there was a little newsboy who was very, very poor and he only sold old newspapers because he didn't have enough money for new ones. People didn't buy his newspapers because they were all so out of date, and they wanted new newspapers. So the little newsboy never sold any, and every day he accumulated more and more old newspapers. What the little newsboy did was put up a paper recycling plant, and he became a millionaire, bought out all the newspaper businesses and the news agencies, prohibited publishing current news, and thus obliged people to read only news of the past. In the papers on sale today, for example, you'd read that the Zapatistas are about to arrive in Mexico City and that they'll meet with the Villistas there. You can't quite make out the date, but it seems to be either 1914 or 1997.