Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Cocaine

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Other (GHB, K, etc)

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

zhao

there are no accidents
And consumerism! To be honest I would only be interested in further drug consumption in a totally new non-consumerist (medical/experimental or mystical) context- so sick of neurotic consumerism, with drugs as prime metaphor for many other consumer-product interactions.

yes the romanticised "subversive" appeal of drug-use is pretty stupid. LSD and others have been used for research, with topics like ego-death, in "medical/experimental or mystical contexts", but in the recreational realm, what the fuck is subversive about drug use?!?! other than the fact that it's illegal. the effects are exactly what the powers want: to have arguably the best mind of a generation disoriented, confused, used up, pre-occupied, lost, deep-fried, and ultimately destroyed.

zhao

there are no accidents
someone fed me a couple of hot knives,

The sense of relief was awesome. I felt great! In fact I was almost straight again.

what are hot knives? and you mean sober and not sexual orientation by straight right?

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Hot knives is a devilishly effective delivery mechanism for smoking hash. You heat up two large kitchen knives (with wooden handles pref) on a hob or in a fire, place the hash on one of them and then squeeze the two knives together whilst inhaling the smoke through a tube. I don't know why but this really seems to do the trick like nothing else, even bucket bongs.

PeteUM

It's all grist
what are hot knives? and you mean sober and not sexual orientation by straight right?

Yeah, although I quite like the idea that one could freak oneself out of one's own natural orientation with enough drugs.

Now someone's going to tell me you can, right?

noel emits

Yeah, although I quite like the idea that one could freak oneself out of one's own natural orientation with enough drugs.

Now someone's going to tell me you can, right?
There's bound to be some degenerate that will manage to turn something perfectly harmless and ethical like the GAY BOMB into a sick thrill of some kind.

Chuu

Well La Di Bloody Da
chuu you go shopping and play football on E? :slanted:

Just meant that pretty much anything you do on e will feel good, did an epic bike ride on the stuff once it was well exhilarating, whereas I always feel like something is going to go wrong with trippy drugs. Annoys me because I've had some awesome times doing psychedelics and I'd like to go further with them.

So I guess I picked e cause its the easy option.

Last edited:

PeteUM

It's all grist
I imagine myself thinking "I'll just have a cheeky half. I've got work in the morning..." and then waking up full of regrets...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Then you would have to pretend to be straight at work!

You'll never get rich working in a pub, but if the people you work with (and for) are relaxed, it's great to have a job you can do while still residually pilled-up from the night before.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
yes the romanticised "subversive" appeal of drug-use is pretty stupid. LSD and others have been used for research, with topics like ego-death, in "medical/experimental or mystical contexts", but in the recreational realm, what the fuck is subversive about drug use?!?! other than the fact that it's illegal. the effects are exactly what the powers want: to have arguably the best mind of a generation disoriented, confused, used up, pre-occupied, lost, deep-fried, and ultimately destroyed.

Exactly. Nothing is subversive about it- where does it lead (usually)-- to dependence (ie: neutralisation of individual a anything other than a crime threat) or used as a "gadget" to numb yourself enough to deal with being a "productive" member of society. And yes its blatantly effective as a control system.

N

nomadologist

What on earth is "bohemian" drug addiction?

The people who have theorized about things like BwO are not talking in pop cultural terms about drugs or drug use "subversive", they're talking about restructuring desire on the deepest psychoanalytical plane there is.

People who would attach the significance of drug addiction to the reterritorialization of desire in terms of being part of a "subculture" are obviously way off base, according to the anti-Oedipal thinkers.

N

nomadologist

And yes its blatantly effective as a control system.

I would say that buying into ideals like "mens sana in corpore sanum est" are also manifestations of having been effectively desire-programmed by the prevailing controls system/s.

The last thing the "powers" want is for people to question anything...living according to the capitalist-realist status quo is inevitable--you're not escaping it by NOT doing drugs, either.

N

nomadologist

sorry my latin has suffered over the years

mens sana in corpore sano

N

nomadologist

Exactly. Nothing is subversive about it- where does it lead (usually)-- to dependence (ie: neutralisation of individual a anything other than a crime threat) or used as a "gadget" to numb yourself enough to deal with being a "productive" member of society. And yes its blatantly effective as a control system.

Also, most people with literal drug dependencies are the farthest thing from "productive" members of society--most end up in jail, the public health clinic, or on the street. A lot of them steal or prostitute themselves (read: don't pay taxes). It's rare that chemically dependent people manage to be productive "socially"...

noel emits

Cocain addicts - helping fund the US economy 'under the counter' + providing political leverage for potential pressure on disobedient South American states.

Heroin addicts - same, but with Afghanistan.

Very fucken' productive!

;)

N

nomadologist

It's not quite that simple, but yeah, being drug dependent isn't going to have some sort of "net effect" where you end up being a great capitalist in the sense of having a mortgage, having a car, having this, having that, paying taxes, fueling every bullshit industry until you die.

The "best"/"worst" addicts have paired all of this down to having just one bullshit industry to fund.

j/k

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Also, most people with literal drug dependencies are the farthest thing from "productive" members of society--most end up in jail, the public health clinic, or on the street. A lot of them steal or prostitute themselves (read: don't pay taxes). It's rare that chemically dependent people manage to be productive "socially"...

Of course! ... but they are neutralised as anything other than criminals. People who frequently have the greatest "issues" with the society they are situated in are effectively removed as a threat to it. As such its entirely unsubversive. Though "healthy living" isn't therefore subversive either, of course not... And again of course you don't escape by not doing drugs either... but you are not engaged in terroristic/revolutionary acts which genuinely threaten state and Capitalist institutions. And therefore as a swab to absorb the disaffected its functionality (along with others) is clear...

noel emits

Of course! ... but they are neutralised as anything other than criminals. People who frequently have the greatest "issues" with the society they are situated in are effectively removed as a threat to it. As such its entirely unsubversive. Though "healthy living" isn't therefore subversive either, of course not... And again of course you don't escape by not doing drugs either... but you are not engaged in terroristic/revolutionary acts which genuinely threaten state and Capitalist institutions. And therefore as a swab to absorb the disaffected its functionality (along with others) is clear...
I'd say if a kind of 'healthy living' allows a little slack away from the viral disease to step back and understand it's operation then that has real value.

I was also suggesting above that further to being 'neutralised', drug consumers may actually fulfill a number of 'productive' functions as far as certain interests are concerned.