Gavin

booty bass intellectual
love%20is5%20%282%29.jpg

Love means getting the girl while you forever lose her:

casablanca9406_wideweb__470x385,0.jpg

Marriage means losing the girl while forever getting her:

20060803022046-room-at-the-top.jpg

Time to head to my local gin joint ...

[I think we've been radically misrepresenting both Badiou and Lacan hereabouts, but first to the gin palace].

N

nomadologist

No HMLT I read Lacan say this in an interview! I will find it...

zhao

there are no accidents
The thing is, people in functional relationships are so boring. Like my boyfriend's parents. They don't even really talk much, they just "communicate" and do everything right. It really weirds me out. They don't yell, they don't have emotions as far as I can tell, they do their own thing most of the time, and they never, ever demean one another.

that doesn't necessarily sound like a "healthy" relationship either. there are loads of repressively peaceful and "functional" relationships of convenience, not love.

most people get married because of every other factor except love. because of money, "good upbringings", "the right situation". all the practical shit.

if i have to choose between this and co-dependence give me the latter any fuckin day.

but i will continue striving for the real thing though.

Last edited:

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
Love means getting the girl while you forever lose her:

Marriage means losing the girl while forever getting her:

Time to head to my local gin joint ...

Yah, this is something to chew on.

[I think we've been radically misrepresenting both Badiou and Lacan hereabouts, but first to the gin palace].

Theorists on love always makes me feel slightly embarrassed. For them I mean.

N

nomadologist

hahaha

love is watching someone steal a jeep and not intervening--not to give the jeep back, but to make sure this person doesn't kill himself

that was another guy i had a longstanding thing with, not my boyfriend

PS never get a jeep, ever. they have a flaw in the sealant around the windows. you can take a lighter and melt em down then push the window down. they are well known for being the easiest car to steal

N

nomadologist

that doesn't necessarily sound like a "healthy" relationship either. there are loads of repressively peaceful and "functional" relationships of convenience, not love.

most people get married because of every other factor except love. because of money, "good upbringings", "the right situation". all the practical shit.

if i have to choose between this and co-dependence give me the latter any fuckin day.

but i will continue striving for the real thing though.

what is "the real thing"?

zhao

there are no accidents
what is "the real thing"?

the "real thing" is what i described earlier:

i am sure of one thing: real love makes you fee *more* yourself, allows you to be more you, gives you more freedom.

and i know it is possible. i've experienced this... twice. admittedly in limited temporal durations. but the possibility is there, and i just have to get better at it. which involves working on myself, overcoming my own issues and problems. and if the other person also does this...

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
never get a jeep, ever. they have a flaw in the sealant around the windows. you can take a lighter and melt em down then push the window down. they are well known for being the easiest car to steal

I didn't know that one. I had an moment a while back when a mate of a mate had locked himself out of his car, and I got a coathanger and opened it, and then *embarrassed* I'm going 'erm, never done that before, must have a knack or something' :S.

My mum taught me how to pick locks, she was brilliant at it.

N

nomadologist

I didn't know that one. I had an moment a while back when a mate of a mate had locked himself out of his car, and I got a coathanger and opened it, and then *embarrassed* I'm going 'erm, never done that before, must have a knack or something' :S.

My mum taught me how to pick locks, she was brilliant at it.

hahahhahaha hahahah.

something else you can do if you get locked out of a car is call home on your cell phone. if the keys are at home someone can play the frequency of the auto-unlock through a phone and it'll open the door.

or you can break into an autodealership and record all of the signal frequencies from different car brands.

i promise i have never done this.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
or you can break into an autodealership and record all of the signal frequencies from different car brands.

I've always wondered about that, are all the frequencies the same? On old cars it used to be that all the keys for the cars were the same, so it was apparently a doddle. There should be a c r i m e thread really, I gotta sleep tho.

N

nomadologist

Zhao, the problem with that way of thinking is that you'd have to be 100% psychologically healthy (both parties) for this to be even close to feasible without intensive couples therapy (and even then, the chances are slim).

I'm a fatally flawed human being. I have watched too many people I love die before they hit 30 to not love someone just because Bob Newhart would say it's unhealthy. I really just don't have time for that way of thinking.

Being a human is basically learning to live with your own particular dysfunctions, and as any psychologist will explain, we all have em.

N

nomadologist

I've always wondered about that, are all the frequencies the same? On old cars it used to be that all the keys for the cars were the same, so it was apparently a doddle. There should be a c r i m e thread really, I gotta sleep tho.

Between what I learned from my family, and what I've learned in Brooklyn, I could teach one of those Learning Annex classes on how to rob people blind.