so it looks like funky house might have even less potential than the little potential it had already...

Funky has massive potential. Problem is the get-rich-quick crew are pumping out some real dross at the moment.
And I don't care how good the dancers are, that RingaRingaRosey thing is fackin orrible!

vimothy

yurp
and crazi cousins inflation

Weird -- I was just about to ask for an ID of a funky tune that I keep hearing -- quite driving, off stabs all the way through just before the 1st and 3rd beat, some whistle/flute trill and two totally ace xylophone riffs. But I take it that I'm hearing the above tune?

nochexxx

harco pronting
Weird -- I was just about to ask for an ID of a funky tune that I keep hearing -- quite driving, off stabs all the way through just before the 1st and 3rd beat, some whistle/flute trill and two totally ace xylophone riffs. But I take it that I'm hearing the above tune?

ha, that tune id has been bugging me for a while now, so glad i can now put that part of my brain to rest!

nochexxx

harco pronting
last night kode9 dropped what has to be the first dose of uk-funky here in Cambridge. from what I’ve read here it sounds like he performed a similar type of set to nightslugs (gutted I missed that). moulding funky into various dance hybrids. i'm pretty sure he played a zomby dub, which had some lyrics along the lines of " i wanna be your freak" etc.... anyone else hear this?

nochexxx

harco pronting
kode9 was in Cambridge? gutted, I missed Joker and Flylo when they were here as well

martyn is coming up as well, although i've got a strong feeling it's not my cup of tea.

forgot to say that these events are happening at the fez club. shame though cause it does have a sucky system

Last edited:

faustus

last night kode9 dropped what has to be the first dose of uk-funky here in Cambridge. from what I’ve read here it sounds like he performed a similar type of set to nightslugs (gutted I missed that). moulding funky into various dance hybrids. i'm pretty sure he played a zomby dub, which had some lyrics along the lines of " i wanna be your freak" etc.... anyone else hear this?

imagine he's playing the same set tonight in brighton, so... will report :cool: