mos dan

fact music
big up anyone recording! just logged on but the football's on so i can't listen and i have to go out in a mo anyway.

as a line up of mcs/vocalists that's another intriguing development!

btw what's the mak10 uptown cd? can you get it from the shop itself (as opposed to the website)? which is now around the corner from d'arblay st, right?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Listened to Marcus' 16th January show today and I have to say once again I was left feeling a bit underwhelmed. I dunno if this is because the music has moved on or if I've just got a bit bored of what he plays?... I'm still absolutely loving tunes by Roska, HH Banton, D Malice etc. and the Mak 10/Marcus B2B never fails to knock my head off fairly consistently. A lot of the vocal tunes now, especially, strike me as being a bit insipid.

I need to get along to a funky night, beyond at PP looks good but I don't think I can afford it...

faustus

I dunno if this is because the music has moved on or if I've just got a bit bored of what he plays?... I'm still absolutely loving tunes by Roska, HH Banton, D Malice etc.

its probably partly overexposure but also marcus doesnt really play (have?) the new new tunes by those ppl above, theyve all got their own radio shows and such
eg. bounce by roska, pills/ music saved my life by hhb

also, princess has a horrible voice it turns out

boomnoise

♫
I need to get along to a funky night, beyond at PP looks good but I don't think I can afford it...

it can't afford you.

something that has struck me after tonight's show is that this stuff needs the club environment more than dubstep ever really did. not because of bass but because of interaction and dance and feeling and groove. and the bass helps alot obviously.

it just has the propensity to sound quite, erm, sterile i guess.

Ory

warp drive
new funky bits at RedEye for those who dunno:

D- Malice : Visions / Visions (Roska Remix) / Keep On / Bad Habits : Its Funky, FUNKY002
MARCO DEL HORNO : SAMURAI (RUSKO SAFE SEX MIX) / BULLET TRAIN (DJ M.A.1 REMIX) : BTRL02P
N.B Funky ft. D'votion : Open Your Wings (Original) / DJ Naughty Remix / 2nd Strike VIP : UK FUNKY RECORDS, UKFUNKY001

MrFence

Oh the humanity.
it can't afford you.

something that has struck me after tonight's show is that this stuff needs the club environment more than dubstep ever really did. not because of bass but because of interaction and dance and feeling and groove. and the bass helps alot obviously.

it just has the propensity to sound quite, erm, sterile i guess.

House music sounding better in clubs? Nah mate, jog on.

It's not the most atmospheric music is it, the rhythms are interesting (in a similar way to 2Step rhythms) or at least a bit different but as far as space and potentiality in the tunes it's all about the club and dancing. Dubstep created a whole different space set of potentials be it dub dread or more recently Fuck you Mum I'm not tidying my bedroom.
I really must get some sleep.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Perhaps, then, it is sterile?

Just playing the provocative part, although recently seeing the video to 'Do You Mind' put me in mind of football playing twats in my local town drinking champagne with waistcoats on, which somewhat ruined the tune for me.

I know what you mean though, and you're probably right. The contradictions of listening constantly to dance music while I'm sat in front of my PC/lying in bed/doing a handstand in my front garden, slathered in paint and chicken feaces etc... are becoming more and more obvious to me the longer I live too far from a city.

Perhaps, then, it is sterile?

Just playing the provocative part, although recently seeing the video to 'Do You Mind' put me in mind of football playing twats in my local town drinking champagne with waistcoats on, which somewhat ruined the tune for me.

I know what you mean though, and you're probably right. The contradictions of listening constantly to dance music while I'm sat in front of my PC/lying in bed/doing a handstand in my front garden, slathered in paint and chicken feaces etc... are becoming more and more obvious to me the longer I live too far from a city.

lol
What's wrong with playing footy?
To be honest, saying this stuff is sterile is ridiculous. Funky (and now, in turn, house- how was I ignoring it?!) in the clubs doesn't even compare to these Rinse streams or Mix CDs or whatever. You need to get to a night, Corpsey, really do.

The only point I was trying to make about Marcus's show yesterday was that Plague, Gracious K (yes, I get it, you made Migraine Skank) and Nyah were awful and ruined the vibes. Give me Ranking & Marcus any day.

Algierstwin

lol
What's wrong with playing footy?
To be honest, saying this stuff is sterile is ridiculous. Funky (and now, in turn, house- how was I ignoring it?!) in the clubs doesn't even compare to these Rinse streams or Mix CDs or whatever. You need to get to a night, Corpsey, really do.

The only point I was trying to make about Marcus's show yesterday was that Plague, Gracious K (yes, I get it, you made Migraine Skank) and Nyah were awful and ruined the vibes. Give me Ranking & Marcus any day.

i turned on for five minutes and then off.

did nothing for the atmosphere.

do people go 'skeng' at funky nights?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've just got a chip on my shoulder cos they have sex with girls that aren't made of plasticine and cat hair.

GOT MYSELF A BRAND NEW HOODY