continuum

smugpolice
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

continuum

smugpolice
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

mos dan

fact music
Now if only Funkystepz would give away "Lovers" and "Hurricane Riddim" too...

The last two Marcus Nasty Rinse sets have been MASSIVE. The 21 April set not only rewinds "House Girls Part 8" THRICE, but has THAT ILL BLU TUNE, the insane and as of yet unreleased one they put on youtube that sounds like the world ending. And just general largesse across the board.

i am HUNTING THOSE SETS DOWN. have been sort of itchily waiting for the full thing ever since you blogged their in-the-studio vids - thanks tim!

Ory

warp drive

always thought that would make a great bashment riddim

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
The last two Marcus Nasty Rinse sets have been MASSIVE. The 21 April set not only rewinds "House Girls Part 8" THRICE...

is that the wood-block riddim that's wheeled for being "fucking ridiculous" around 31mins?

when i was in music class at primary school, i never thought the woodblock would have such an impact on my adult life. lol

Tim F

No the tune at 31 min is Rudimental's "Midnight" (or "Midnight Affair") - but one of my favourites of the year too!

"House Girls Part 8" is the tune at 56 minutes.

Ben, I don't know the name or origin of the tune before the Ill Blu one but it's a refix of Booka Shade's "In White Rooms".

zhao

there are no accidents
not sure if this has been discussed already, but

Roska n Jamie George - Wonderful Day = the first homoerotic funky tune?

i may be way off but "just me and you, mano y mano, we can do anything we like, put my legs around you and hold you up, etc."

Richard Carnage

not sure if this has been discussed already, but

Roska n Jamie George - Wonderful Day = the first homoerotic funky tune?

i may be way off but "just me and you, mano y mano, we can do anything we like, put my legs around you and hold you up, etc."

Pretty sure that Jamie means "one to one" by "mano y mano". Homoeroticism doesn't seem to fly in the funky scene (house is gay, we're not house, etc.)!

mms

sometimes
Pretty sure that Jamie means "one to one" by "mano y mano". Homoeroticism doesn't seem to fly in the funky scene (house is gay, we're not house, etc.)!

it means hand in hand - its a nice song nice to hear some male vocals - not feeling the one on the 12" though

wise

bare BARE BONES
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>