Pat Smash

Ez, long time lurker. Know there is a long debate about this but just wanna chip in and say that I'm listening to Petchy right now and I think that it couldn't be further from the Grime experience. This is party rocking shit and god damn if it ain't the most life affirming shit- nothin better than hearin the boys in the studio representing pure enjoyment.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
*nail on head*

It is though. Same as any night out.
Always makes a massive difference when the Dj enjoys themselves and doesn't just go through the motions.
Excitement is contagious and all that, even if its through the radio.

All of the elements of Petchy's show just seem to click every time.
Random people crying out laughing in the background, jokes, Yes/No Games, it all goes.
Even if it descends into shouting sometimes, it still just feels like part of the package.

re grime

Obviously there are similarities but its different vibes.
And this might sound like a load of guff but house still carries that 'togetherness' to me and the best mcs seems to understand that too.

By its very nature I don't get that in grime. Which isn't a negative thing either.

luka

cos i like blowing me own trumpet can i say i recommended petchy on this thread about 7 years before you started listeining to him. but im glad youre listening to him though. hes the best.

Benny Bunter

cos i like blowing me own trumpet can i say i recommended petchy on this thread about 7 years before you started listeining to him. but im glad youre listening to him though. hes the best.

This is true. I remember you posted this ages ago that put me onto him:
Hats off!

@slackk. Any chance of ripping that old grime tape of petchy that luka mentioned?

Last edited:

Tim F

re: That Petchy set, what's the tune at 12:00 that gets pulled up about 3 times? I think Petchy plays it a lot, but it could just be that I keep listening to that one show.

This is Marcus Nasty and Bassboy's "Drip".

A classic funky tune for me, so spare yet so compulsive, everything is pure groove.

luka

actualy i have a petchy grime set on my computer, i didn't realise till now. but i dont know how to upload things.
its with scoobee and demon.

Benny Bunter

actualy i have a petchy grime set on my computer, i didn't realise till now. but i dont know how to upload things.

Howay, any dummy can figure out mediafire or sendspace. It would be lovely to hear this, sort it please.

luka

i am currently trying to upload to mediafire. if it works i will put the link up. if it doesn't someone give me an email address and i'll send it to you.

Tim F

Great set with Marcus, Slackk. The transition from the terra danjah tune to "Find The Path" near the end put a massive foolish grin on my face halfway through reps at the gym. This other dude in front of me assumed I was checking him out, I think.

Blackdown

nexKeysound

Tenner says Petchy will be on Rinse within 6 months. Anyone want to bet me otherwise? (No I dont have any insider info, otherwise i'd make it £1000).

Tim F

Would not at all be surprised. Rinse have been immensely on the ball in this regard this year (certainly more than the media!).

outraygeous

As long as they keep that vibe that they have then they would be a great addition to Rinse.

It would make Rinse sound like a pirate again (thats a good thing)