Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
^ Woah that Aramac tune is intense.
Who was it on here that was hoping the whole bubbling thing might lead to gabber influences ending up in funky? (Gumdrops maybe?) There's def some gabber-style distorted drum sounds going on in this tune.

Benny Bunter

DJ Whitecoat, aka the most generous man in Funky, has just put a shedload of new free tracks on his soundcloud, including all the remixes of 'How does it feel'. Not listened to em all yet but I can vouch for the ones by LR Groove, Eastwood, Murdz 86 so far.

That Aramac tune has had the same effect on me as Lil Silva's Cheese and Bun. Simultaneously intrigued and repulsed. But C&B did grow on me in the end so who knows?

Last edited:

rrrivero

Ruby Lee reckoned it might be out somewhere in September but I wouldn't take her word for it

Also, damn it Whitecoat, I paid good money for those remixes :D

also this Aramac tune has piqued my interest, I wouldn't mind hearing more funky (?) in this vein

Ulala

Awkward Woodward
I liked this, kind of like if Orbital made funky. (Allow the irritating anti-piracy vocal bits on the Youtube, at least they're in time.)

rrrivero

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
30 minute mix from man like Formula. Not only is this guy a hot shit producer, he's a badman dj as well

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">
30 minute mix from man like Formula. Not only is this guy a hot shit producer, he's a badman dj as well

Just listened to this mix and enjoyed most of it but...

I like Formula aswell, but I fucking hate that Mosca tune that samples Riko so much, there is something fundamentally wrong with him doing that. Appropriating grime pirate radio samples on top of some shit faux-funky tune in a pathetic attempt to make himself look cool. And when I heard Marcus nasty was playing this tune i was emabrrassed. Seriously though! Who does he think he's kidding?

plattST

Why is Marcus Nasty of all people pandering to this shit?

That's actually our remix of it. The original is more of a hiphop thing and I think it works really well, so don't get angry at him.
Just want to defend that really, your opinion of our remix is fine, although I don't think there's anything forced about our remix, I much prefer our dub mix but it's a completely natural combination of the music we play/love and there is nothing cynical about it.

plattST

I don't mean don't get angry at him because I think the original is good, I mean the anger should be directed towards us, not him. ;)

Benny Bunter

MN plays it, so he obviously approves of it. i find this quite sad, especially with his background in grime. Using that sample smacks of some desperate attempt to make a weak tune sound sound 'aggy'. Its absolutely indefensible.

plattST

I can't work out if you're attacking us or mosca still. There's nothing 'aggy' about mosca's original, I don't think that was ever his intention.
MN has been playing our version.
I don't think the use of a sample could ever be described as indefensible, to be honest. I think it's going a bit far to be so irritated by a piece of music.