Dirty Canvas Fri 23rd Nov, Trim, Jammer, Chipmunk, Sunship and T2

bun-u

Trumpet Police
front.jpg

back.jpg

bun-u

Trumpet Police
thi is happening on Friday - your chance to catch some bassline, grab a bit of Soulfood and see what all the fuss is about this Chipmunk, plus Logan (the man with more listeners than Chris Moyles), 2 steppers Sunship and the murkleman

lamp post

Wild Horses
Cadence Weapon and Faggatronix at the Amersham Arms is also pulling me in the other direction. this'll have to be a last minute decision

DannyL

Wild Horses
Sorry I didn't say goodbye to you John - more photos! That was awesome. Both rooms seemed really heavy on the two step garage revival. Trim and the geezer from Ruff Sqwad killed it for me - though it all got a bit "male" at one stage. Warrior Queen was fucking awesome also.

More of that in the future, I think.

mos dan

fact music
Fuda Guy is one of those MCs who can just kill any rave, great live MC. Was a sick night all told. Jammer and Blacks' mini-mic-clash was hilarious... Sunship and Logan's sets were both really good fun. Nice atmosphere, plenty of girls, nice and busy. Good work guys!

mos dan

fact music
what's the name of the prez t and skepta tune magic played, which i've heard in radio sets from time to time but have no clue as to its name/age/possible release etc? anyone?

DannyL

Wild Horses
Could one of you guys in the know comment on the tunes being played in the main room, the stuff before and after the MC sets? Seemed to get a lot of response from the crowd, so I'm assuming a lot of these were big "scene" tunes - what kind of genres were being mashed up here? Am I right in my assumption that there was some revival two step action going on (I heard at least one of the tunes that Durty kills it over on "Switching Songs")?

killuridols

Change the game
Does anybody know where I could pick up Jammers 'Are You Dumb' Shirt? Not the t-shirt, but the actual shirt he wore on Friday with the long sleeves, collar and 'Are You Dumb' on the back.

Thanks

mos dan

fact music
you can't pick it up, jammer's the only one who has one i think. which is prob just as well cos i'd hate to see it turn up on styleslut. no offence, i just can't stand that blog.

dannyl, not really sure what you mean by before and after the mc sets.. do you mean before and after logan's set? before logan was on sunship were playing garage for an hour or so (including monsta boy's 'i'm sorry' possibly? i can't remember.. something that was used in 'switching songs' got played for sure). afterwards it was t2 - see the 'bassline' thread.

killuridols

Change the game
you can't pick it up, jammer's the only one who has one i think. which is prob just as well cos i'd hate to see it turn up on styleslut. no offence, i just can't stand that blog.

Eughhhh tell me about it. Its hardly ever updated and they just steal all their ideas from old vice articles.

It's a shame about the jammer shirt. I may have to buy a plain white one and then customise it. Would it be a 'grime faux-pas' to put 'are you dumb' on the back, 'boy better know' on the chest and 'logan Sama/Kiss FM/11-1' on the collars?

Advice please...

mos dan

fact music
lol yes, go for it with the customised grime shirt! just please for god's sake don't use a BIG BOLD KATHERINE HAMNETT RIP OFF FONT. that is getting so so boring now. logan's already got t-shirts out yknow as well - 'grime is dead' in the kurt cobain 'grunge is dead' style.