Northern Lights/Golden Compass

muser

well i saw the film, visually it was pretty stunning and polar bear fight was cool, but thats all it had going for it, really disappointing. They completely skimmed over the story without any indepth explanations to the different elements and randomly rearranged events, the script/acting felt completely unnatural and lyra was particularly poorly done. Still looking forward to re reading the books tho and im glad i didn't wait till i had before i watched it now.

you

Saw it this weekend, its abysmal. Plot arch is forced, characters introduced only to drag the events along, I had a hard time figuring out why some people where involved, I still have no idea why the texan bloke and eva green are involved- im sure it hasnt been explained yet. Not very good considering its for kids, but I guess there is enough fancy CGI to keep em distracted.

Kidman is perfect for playing a deceitful, spiteful bitch.

you

Actually that was pretty much the only thing that appealed to me before I went. Shes lovely.

yea. it was a string of nice sequences strung together by what would be considered a fuckin weak plot & woulda neva got made if it hadn't been filtered out of a book.

as a film and as an adaptation basically poo. will only see parts 2 & 3 if im tremendously bored.