New Snoop Dogg: Sensual Seduction

DJ PIMP

the snoop is nice.

usher track reminds me of that snoop tune from a few albums back, 'you got what i want'... i.e. ravey wonky pitch synth riff over a staccato beat.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
I am loving both of them!

Is it just me but after listening to the snoop track, the T.I track from last year that samples gypsy woman and track by dj envy- dolla bill -I get the feeling that some of the pop/r&b/ rap producers in atl, etc.. are listening to old house records for some their musical ideas?

Also --If you all like the rich harrison production you might like "the potion" by luda:

Last edited:

hint

party record with a siren
Yeah - "The Potion" was kinda slept on (the original, at least)... one of my favourite Timbaland beats ever.

gumdrops

the chorus isnt a trainwreck at all. although snoop does sound like t pain with the auto tune cher talkbox effect. snoop is WELL past his peak at this point though - he just gets by on good beats and hooks. this isnt any different. love the video though.

petergunn

plywood violin
funny how they use those rave/dnb synthes at the begining, i can see this record being bigger in the UK than in the US...

bnek

Yeah - "The Potion" was kinda slept on (the original, at least)... one of my favourite Timbaland beats ever.
great track - ludacris singles are always killer (exept that recent one w/ pharell)

i think it works because of the contrast provided by the vocal...it sounds like you're between two rooms in a club or somethin...

maybe, but usher is such a schmuck i cant stand to hear him on anything anymore.

Chris

fractured oscillations
Is it just me but after listening to the snoop track, the T.I track from last year that samples gypsy woman and track by dj envy- dolla bill -I get the feeling that some of the pop/r&b/ rap producers in atl, etc.. are listening to old house records for some their musical ideas?

Totally... it's like Hip Hop's so clubby these days that it's starting to become just a good-times dance genre, which I suppose would open it again to House/Tech elements, tempos... also to Freestyle/Miami/Electro flavas. I've been noticing traces of these vibes emerging for sure, particularly in that kind of latin, Reggaeton/Hip Hop crossover area.... The djs on Hip Hop and Reggaeton stations out here have even been mixing House into their sets lately...

The rise of latin influences in american music will almost no doubt bring more mid tempo into 'street' music channels... shit, maybe the growing Latino presence in the U.S might even cure it of it's dance-phobia...?

Yeah, I like S.S., unremarkable chorus, but I'm digging the influences...

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
i think the unremarkable chorus threw me off from appreciating it fully to begin with.. thanks to that d/l (thanks!), i am now obsessed with ss as well. did anyone else catch the unintentionally hilarious bit towards the end of the song where snoop says 'orgasms', lest we be in any doubt what he's singing about. made me laugh anyway.

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Totally... it's like Hip Hop's so clubby these days that it's starting to become just a good-times dance genre, which I suppose would open it again to House/Tech elements, tempos... also to Freestyle/Miami/Electro flavas. I've been noticing traces of these vibes emerging for sure, particularly in that kind of latin, Reggaeton/Hip Hop crossover area.... The djs on Hip Hop and Reggaeton stations out here have even been mixing House into their sets lately...

The rise of latin influences in american music will almost no doubt bring more mid tempo into 'street' music channels... shit, maybe the growing Latino presence in the U.S might even cure it of it's dance-phobia...?

Yeah, I like S.S., unremarkable chorus, but I'm digging the influences...
so i am not the only one thinking this. :D
I like your observations re: latin influence and where it may take US dance music... I am happy to see this evolution.

mms

sometimes
i'm glad its becoming more clubby, hip hop was always a form that encouraged dancing.
it got quite boring when it was just head noddy and a bit jazzy in the 90s