Hands up if you don't 'get' Led Zep?

nochexxx

harco pronting
I would actually suggest that those that don't like Zep go and listen to Flower Travellin' Band, especially 'Satori'. In 1971 they successfully assimilated and synthesized all the best bits of Sabbath and Zeppelin and totally improved on the blueprint, making the music simultaneously more deranged and more controlled. Also their vocalist was a true rock god and not a complete nob like Plant.

>>

thanks for the big up on this. having felt you talked the most sense amongst this thread i thought i should at the very least google this band. thankfully it ticked all my hipster-bait boxes, what a fucking marvelous band indeed.......... these guys are like high rise's former fathers, perhaps another decided influnce alongside rock fuzzists like blue cheer.
i'm looking forward to hearing what j. cope has to say about them!?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's astonishingly crap.

There's quite a good live version of one of their early blues covers, as I recall, but apart from that, yeah, it's strictly a completists-only album. Which is why, er, I have a copy.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
i'm looking forward to hearing what j. cope has to say about them!?
Well I wouldn't want to spoil anything for you but suffice to say he's quite fond of them. He must have done an article about them on headheritage no? Or were you being a bit sarcy? ;)

nochexxx

harco pronting
Well I wouldn't want to spoil anything for you but suffice to say he's quite fond of them. He must have done an article about them on headheritage no? Or were you being a bit sarcy? ;)

no not at all, i have the most upmost respect for cope's writting.........

he's incldued them in his new book 'japrock sampler'. a whole chapter is dedicated to the flowers and 'satori' makes the no 1 spot! i'm now halfway through the les rallizes denudes chapter, so i can forsee needing a considerable bank loan to secure all these records, although many of which have sadly only made it on to cd formats.

gumdrops

i like led zep now. pulled out all their albums (well the first few) after all the recent hype and this thread, and rediscovered i do actually like them. plant was usually a nob, but they were a great band, and he can be easily ignored/less annoying/even quite good in between the nobness. ;)

and blue cheer's vincebus album is brill!

Last edited: