Ike Turner...

gumdrops

bol's an obnoxious asshole (naturally) for that (one of many) but i dont think he really means it. hes just saying it for a reaction. hes a shock blogger (just fyi in case you dont read him regularly).

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
bol's an obnoxious asshole (naturally) for that (one of many) but i dont think he really means it. hes just saying it for a reaction. hes a shock blogger (just fyi in case you dont read him regularly).

Isn't the whole reason that the "shock" shtick is effective is that people DO believe it? That they can finally let out their bigoted anxieties and hatreds that they keep under wraps because of "political correctness" (actually, "being an ethical human being")? Anyway, fuck this guy, I don't read him regularly, nor will I. Not funny, not clever, not perceptive. Even though there is certainly a case to be made that black men are portrayed as more misogynist and violent and patriarchal, this is not the guy to make it. He could have pointed out, as a commenter did, that John Lennon was also a wifebeater but no one talks about it and he would have actually said something worthwhile.

gumdrops

TBH i do find him entertaining on the whole (hes good on hip hop usually, and occasionally puts across some salient points about other music-related topics) but cant bring myself to ever read his blogs about arabs, mexicans, immigration, or women (to name but a few of his favourite subjects) cos i find him too repugnant.

Last edited: