Your last day

N

nomadologist

Bukowski wrote some sharp, eloquent poetry.

You really think so? I think his poetry is especially worthless. There's value in work that is intentionally repulsive at times, I'll give you that.

I might even put him in the pile with "people i'd bring back to life tokill them again."

Dial

You really think so? I think his poetry is especially worthless. There's value in work that is intentionally repulsive at times, I'll give you that.

I might even put him in the pile with "people i'd bring back to life tokill them again."

Ha. I came to this last post first. Made me laugh out loud. Thanks for restoring my sense of humor.

And Noel, have you forgiven me yet, mate?

Would i have said so otherwise? It happens to be the case. Though your ungenerous and ignorant assessment of his work is no surprise. He fell out of favour in academic circles a long time ago.

I'll leave you with two quotes- one from Jean Genet:

"The best poet in America"

The other from his gravestone:

"Don't Try."

Apologies for the thread drift Mr. Tea, I promise i won't do it again if you change your avatar ;)

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
What's wrong with you? It's clearly the best avatar ever. :cool:

Yes, but rather distracting. I keep thinking it's a baby's foot in his mouth, and then have a vague desire to zoom in to find out whether it is or not, and then decide not to, just in case it is.

What's wrong with you? It's clearly the best avatar ever. :cool:

I think what's wrong with you would probably be the more pertinent question ;)

what can i say, it just makes my visits to dissensus less....wholesome

i'm afraid i find myself scrolling it off the edge of the screen :rolleyes:

However you have now also contributed to the probably irreversible thread drift, so i feel better anyway.

personally i was surprised by the initial responses as to how well adjusted you all are. i'd have expected a little more transgression/ breaking of societal boundaries during people's last 24.

Last edited:

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Im currently averaging ten cups of double-strength instant coffee per day in a vainglorious attempt to retain consciousness whilst frenziedly writing end of term papers. Its working in so far as words magically appear but I've already become strictly nocturnal.
The best thing about that is deciding it's finally time to turn in, and winding down before bed with a whisky and some music while the sun rises.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
It's astonishing the number of people - even a lot of people who were too young to be politically aware while she was in power - who noticeably shudder or clench up when she appears unexpectedly on TV....

Oh, and somewhere near on topic, do other people get those dreams where you're in a situation where you know you're going to die and a bizarre sense of peace and resignation sets in before you wake up feeling really freaked out?

Dial

nomadologist said:

I might even put him in the pile with "people i'd bring back to life to kill them again.

Dial said:
Ha. I came to this last post first. Made me laugh out loud. Thanks for restoring my sense of humor.

Mr Tea said:
And it was MY thread idea too, harrumph!

Sounds like an idea for a thread - Dead people you wish you could bring back to life just so you can kill them.

Credit where it's due Mr Tea. ;)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Earth Song time: Ahhh ah ahhhh ah ah ahhhh ahhhh....

*jumps on stage and waggles corduroy-clad arse at audience* :cool:

FVX: I'll change my avatar today I think, I've had that one for a while anyway. It just, shall we say, grabbed me!

Edit: Louis Wain for the win.

Last edited:

Gavin

booty bass intellectual
A day is so short! What can you possibly do?

I think I'd like to meet the last one sober. Well, maybe with a drink in hand.

FVX: I'll change my avatar today I think, I've had that one for a while anyway. It just, shall we say, grabbed me!

Edit: Louis Wain for the win.

thanks, my life is now a very very tiny bit better, and it all helps :D

of course it would have to be wain after he lost it ;)

A day is so short! What can you possibly do?

I guess that's the point. life for a mayfly and all that. would a week be any easier?

Pestario

tell your friends
A week would be so much harder to think about. You could possibly accomplish a lot but you would still be freaking out the whole time. How could you sleep?

A day forces you to accept your fate quickly and focus on what's important - like getting completely mashed out of your mind.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
thanks, my life is now a very very tiny bit better, and it all helps :D

I think you're confusing me with
images
, but I'm pleased for you all the same.