New HMV website

treblekicker

True Faith
Whitehouse to Kode9 (and everything in between)

Hi,

As a regular lurker and occasional poster on dissensus, I was wondering if it would be possible to offer something in a professional capacity to the readers of dissensus?

I'm working for HMV to recruit new users for a website they have developed - getcloser.com. It is actually genuinely impressive - we've had one notable poster from here (and noted blogger) for example working on the site which allows you to make visual maps of how albums, music, tracks and films are all connected.

It's easy to be cynical and say this is just a site to make money but to be honest, people so far have been genuinely impressed.

Anyway, the reason why I'm asking is that we have a site, www.getcloserbeta.com to recruit early beta users, and was wondering if any of you would be interested? This isn't a site for just mainstream tastes by any stretch of the imagination - the database has millions of artists and we've seen early users help develop this site with connections for everything from Whitehouse to Kode9.

If you have any questions let me know, otherwise, look forward to seeing you on site.

Last edited: