documentary films

Gregor XIII

The Quince Tree Sun by Victor Erice, who also made The Spirit of the Beehive. The painter Antonio Lopez Garcia is trying to paint the sun in his Quince Tree in his backyard. And that's pretty much it. It just shows him strugling to capture a bit of beauty in a boring world, and at times becomes boring itself. It's great, but I probably won't rewatch it.

nochexxx

harco pronting
The Quince Tree Sun by Victor Erice, who also made The Spirit of the Beehive. The painter Antonio Lopez Garcia is trying to paint the sun in his Quince Tree in his backyard. And that's pretty much it. It just shows him strugling to capture a bit of beauty in a boring world, and at times becomes boring itself. It's great, but I probably won't rewatch it.

i really loved Spirit of the Beehive, will have to check this out.

alex

Do not read this.
recently I have really enjoyed

war of the world (a doc about the various wars of the 20th century, particularly found the part about governments using nationalism to cause unrest)

everything and nothing (enjoying more than wonders of the universe, this guy explains things so much better)

the fog of war (2003, available on google video. The story of Robert Mcnamara and his time spent in office)

edit* and am just about to watch 'The day after trinity'

**fucking hell ,put trinity on hold, that doc about the 2 swedish girls!! I'd never heard of that! Terminator Bizzo, man, that is better than any fiction!

Last edited:

grizzleb

Watched Shoah for the first time last week - deeply shocking, everyone should watch it. Absolutely brilliant - they should show it in schools...

lanugo

von Verfall erzittern
Pyramids!

Biggest Pyramids in the world have been discovered in Bosnia!

And what about the pyramid-shaped Illuminati icon on the one-dollar-bill? I know, I know - by now, this is one of the most trivial conspiracy theory facts everyone already knows about but have you ever wondered how and when this highly esoteric symbol actually ended up on the most widely distributed currency note in the world? This doc gives a fascinating insight into the occult obsession of the ruling class.

bushilluminati.jpg

What a nice little talisman you've got there, Mr. Bush!

alex

Do not read this.
Thanks for posting that HM Govt, what a brilliant human being. The way he speaks with such gripping passion and conviction, no wonder he is so renowned. The part about disrespect and avoidance of responsibility made me smile, the last question about religion was also gripping.

Great stuff.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, I think the 'pyramids' have been pretty conclusively debunked. Apparently the guy who 'discovered' them is into ancient astronauts, Atlantis, the '2012 prophecy' and all manner of guff: http://www.archaeology.org/online/features/osmanagic/

I know it's a few years old now, but I'm really enjoying Curtis's Century of the Self series. Anna Freud does not come off well at all - basically a ruthless megalomaniac crossed with a psychic vampire. :eek:

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Really love the way Adam Curtis cuts up his archival footage. It's worth dl'ing the Adam Curtis Collection torrent if you haven't seen the other docs he's made. All equally compelling and entertaining. Century of the Self has to be the jewel in the crown though.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, I saw some of The Trap when it was on TV a while back, going to (re)watch that next I think.

Looks like there's some Jonathon Meades I haven't seen on Youtube... :D