Erykah Badu : The Healer

Client Eastwood

Dont sleep on this. Been on two times already tonight. Next level rnb. Socail comments like Whats Going On. The vibes of early Earth Wind and Fire on the first track. Some Madlib beats and Funkadelica styles in there too.

If there's anything else like this around then holla back and i'll check it.

Bigger than the government . . .

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Dude...

Dont sleep on this. Been on two times already tonight. Next level rnb. Socail comments like Whats Going On. The vibes of early Earth Wind and Fire on the first track. Some Madlib beats and Funkadelica styles in there too.

If there's anything else like this around then holla back and i'll check it.

Bigger than the government . . .

"Master Teacher" is the joint! That and Eric Lau's "Free It Out" stay on repeat.

One.

DJ PIMP

I enjoy the pop and more stripped back tracks but find the layered wailing harmonies mighty irritating.

This is kind of the new black Portishead album, or vice versa. 70s. Psych influence. The Healer's warmth and social worthyness vs Third's distorted isolation.

gumdrops

i dont see why social commentary has to mean worthiness (which usually just means its dry/boring). its not like she made it for guardian readers. some of it is a bit rambling/too general-bordering-on-cliche (the 'my people' bits) and maybe even a bit didactic in places, which is very unusual for erykah but its pretty impassioned stuff.

optimum

Poochie
Not sure bout that Dilla tribute tune 'telephone' but have only heard the album once so far. The Madlib tunes stuck out for me

mms

sometimes
Not sure bout that Dilla tribute tune 'telephone' but have only heard the album once so far. The Madlib tunes stuck out for me

as a track its really intense but i dunno about the lyrics they're a little silly,
got some good ones on there, healer is immense, master teachers is amazing too, honey is just gorgeous.

Last edited: