Dodgy Bad Taste Warrior Queen Lyrics

john eden

male pale and stale
The larger point is that all this "who is worst/baddest" "list" stuff reduces the analysis of global politics to the level of the people working in the record shop in Nick Hornby's Hi Fidelity.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Well I could be wrong but if you tot up all the victims of the European states and the US in various wars I imagine that would be quite a significant number. Possibly more than those killed by Nazi Germany and Mussolini's Italy and Franco's Spain.

What 'wars' are we talking about here? Sure, Europe's been more or less one big battle ground for most of its history, and then you've got to take things like the trans-atlantic slave trade and the conquest of the Americas and Australia into account, but these things all happened in the 19th century or previously; when I think of 'liberal democracy' I think of political institutions that evolved in the 20th century.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The larger point is that all this "who is worst/baddest" "list" stuff reduces the analysis of global politics to the level of the people working in the record shop in Nick Hornby's Hi Fidelity.

Sure, but that doesn't invalidate polz's point that it's reasonable to say some ideologies are more or less humane than others.

john eden

male pale and stale
Sure, but that doesn't invalidate polz's point that it's reasonable to say some ideologies are more or less humane than others.

That is quite abstract, tho, in the absence of actual human activity.

For example you could look at the absolute worst anti-human ideologies, such as some forms of satanism, or the grotesque stuff spouted by NAMBLA and argue that they are "top of the pops". But their actual influence on the world is minimal.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Well religions are a kind of ideology, aren't they? I don't agree with polz that Islam is a uniquely violent or oppressive religion, but in itself it's not a logically inconsistent or untenable position to take, as far as I can see.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That is quite abstract, tho, in the absence of actual human activity.

For example you could look at the absolute worst anti-human ideologies, such as some forms of satanism, or the grotesque stuff spouted by NAMBLA and argue that they are "top of the pops". But their actual influence on the world is minimal.

Yes, that's true. As far as I'm concerned, the value or otherwise of an ideology lies not in its supposed theoretical guiding principles but in what the people who follow that ideology, or who consider themselves as followers of it, actually do. This applies to politics as well, of course - cf. Marx's economic theory vs. the USSR, Maoist China, etc. And as you point out, the number of people who follow a certain ideology is obviously of massive importance when considering its overall impact.

D

droid

how is this

not the same as this

So when you say that 'the verses i quoted are quoted in BBC article posted by John Eden as well.', you dont mean actual verses from the Quran, but the mention of the word 'verses'? :rolleyes:

I made that rash assumption that when you claimed that the article quoted by 'my friend' :D John Eden contained verses to back up your points you meant, yknow - verses?

also, i tried to have a discussion with you based on arguments, but you keep avoiding the questions (who CAN judge religion, what do you think of the content of the mentioned shuras). in stead you go on attacking me personally, ridiculing me. i think this is very poor, and you have no real arguments left

Yeah, go on, call me an islamophobic nitwit in your next reply.

Yes, I have ridiculed your arguments - because they make no sense, and yes I have called you an Islamophobe - because you have repeated several unqualified statements which suggest this is the case, but I have also outlined my position and my argument quite clearly and you havent offered any substantive responses.

Instead of continuing round in circles - maybe we could try a little thought experiment instead?

If someone was trying to establish which religion was the most hateful or violent in its teachings through scripture what would that process involve?

Heres what I suggest would be required:

1. An objective aim, ie; you would have to start with the question: which religion is the most violent - not: is Islam the most violent religion.

2. A comparative study of religious texts. This would include a thorough firsthand study of the primary scriptures of the major faiths (in the original languages if necessary), a study of ancillary texts, theological interpretations, edicts, judgements of religious courts, differences in translations etc... down through the centuries, tabulating acts of violence or the advocation or celebration of such acts in each set of texts.

3. An analysis of the levels of variance in interpretation of religious texts in each faith - How strictly are the texts taken? Is there room for more than one interpretation? Are all areas of a text given the same emphasis in religious and social education?

4. A sociological, politcal and cultural analysis of how these texts, and how differing interpretations of these texts have affected the level of violence within, or perpetrated by societies in different parts of the world.

5. A statistical analysis of wars, acts of terrorism (state or non-state), murders and other violence along with stated causes and relevant testimony, and their connection with each faith (if any).

6. Personal testimony (from at least thousands) of members of each faith and their views on the use of violence within the context of their religious beliefs.

You would also need to find a team of (preferably athiest) scholars with no religious, racial or cultural axe to grind, and a politically and religiously neutral institution to fund the whole thing.

Correct me if Im wrong Polz, but Im not sure if you qualify on any of the above? Sure, you can have your own personal judgement about Islam, but if your going to state that Islams' teachings are empirically more violent and hateful than other religions, then you need to back it up with hard facts.

Thats not to say that you cant say Islam (or Christianty, or Judaism) isnt violent in its teachings - but saying its the most violent is a different thing altogether, and something you have not provided convincing evidence of.

D

droid

you liked her enough to include her on your raggamortis mix though! :D

Nice try Gabe, but I was aware of that! :D

In her earlier incarnation (20 years ago!) as a fairly normal female Deejay I thought she was OK. No comparison to the likes of Shelly Thunder or even Patra, but decent enough.

In her current guise as a dubstep MC I think shes very overrated. Her appeal seems based more on novelty than lyrics or flow - both of which sound very stale to me. IMO she sounds best when working over straight up reggae or dancehall productions.

outraygeous

when i saw warrior queen at dirty canvas

her lyrics were

'can you feel the squits/
here come the squits'

squits sounds like the runs in my books

ewwwwwwww runny poo in a rave

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Polz, I think you are right to speak out against something you find distasteful and it seems you feel strongly about this because you have been personally affected by what you see as actions influenced by Islamic ideology. But the thing is most religions can be found to have some dodgy premises so singling one out tends to look like the same kind of lazy logic and emotional reaction that leads to racism and other forms of prejudice and is really to be avoided. I don't know about the details of those verses but I agree that criticism of these thing must certainly never be placed out of bounds.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Fact remains these are the words of Allah , the one and only God of Islam, as reported by Mohammed, his one and only prophet.

I think Mohammed was only the last of several prophets - but he is considered the most important and authoritative.

D

droid

:rolleyes: You really are immune to logic arent you. OK. Lets play your sad little game since you dont seem to be able to defend your bigotry any other way:

Old Testament

Leviticus 25:44-46,

Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

Leviticus 20:10,

And the man that committeth adultery with [another] man's wife, [even he] that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 20:11-12, 14, 17,

And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them. 12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood [shall be] upon them. ... 14 And if a man take a wife and her mother, it [is] wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you. ... 17 And if a man shall take his sister, his father's daughter, or his mother's daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it [is] a wicked thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people: he hath uncovered his sister's nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity."

Leviticus 20:13,

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Exodus 21:17,

And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

Deuteronomy 18:20,

But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21,

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and [that], when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; 20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son [is] stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; [he is] a glutton, and a drunkard. 21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

New Testament (yknow - the text that you claim invalidates all the old testament nastiness?

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Mark 7:10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

Fact remains these are the words of God , the one and only God of Christianity as reported by Jesus and his disciples.

Feel free to answer my previous response instead of wasting everyones time with these inanities.

gabriel

The Heatwave
Nice try Gabe, but I was aware of that! :D

In her earlier incarnation (20 years ago!) as a fairly normal female Deejay I thought she was OK. No comparison to the likes of Shelly Thunder or even Patra, but decent enough.

In her current guise as a dubstep MC I think shes very overrated. Her appeal seems based more on novelty than lyrics or flow - both of which sound very stale to me. IMO she sounds best when working over straight up reggae or dancehall productions.

LOL - i thought it was unlike you to miss something like that :eek:

definitely agree she sounds better on straight up reggae/dancehall - like this - wouldn't call her a shite mc still. played with her at hot milk in manchester recently and she was spitting over all dancehall stuff - hmm hmm, sleng teng, koloko, egyptian, clappas etc - and sounded really heavy. gonna get the audio up on the site soon too...

straight

wings cru
WHAT! i almost went hot milk that night but ended up in some rubbish boozey club. looks a good night that, ive never been down cos was the same night as a club i do. must catch this months before i toddle off to london

vimothy

yurp
Quilliam Foundation - a truly moderate, liberal, Islamic think tank, run by ex-members of UK Islamist groups (Maajid Nawaz, Ed Hussein, etc):

The Quilliam Foundation is a counter extremism think tank. Created by former activists of radical Islamist organisations, we know the mindset and methods of extremist groups. Now under the guidance of mainstream Muslim scholars, we believe that Western Muslims should revive Western Islam, our Andalusian heritage of pluralism and respect, and thereby find harmony in West-Islam relations.

Western Muslims should be free from the cultural baggage of the Indian subcontinent, or the political burdens of the Arab world. We were born and raised in a milieu that is different from the Muslim East. As such, our future and progeny belong here. Just as Muslims across the globe have adopted from and adapted to local cultures and traditions, while remaining true to the essence of their faith, Western Muslims should pioneer new thinking for our new times. Here, Muslim scholastic giants, such as the noble Abdullah bin Bayyah and Shaikh Ali Goma (Mufti of Egypt), have provided ample guidance.​