Gary Gygax RIP

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Poor bugger reached 0 hitpoints and there wasn't a Mage handy at the time? Damn shame. Still, perhaps he'll come back as a Ghoul...

STN

sou'wester
As soon as I saw this thread, I knew level-6 cleric Mr Tea would pop up within seconds. I don't know how...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
As soon as I saw this thread, I knew level-6 cleric Mr Tea would pop up within seconds. I don't know how...

Because you picked up a Scrying Sphere three quests ago, but had forgotten you had it? ;)

Last edited:

tryptych

waiting for a time
My youth wouldn't have been the same without D&D. There's gotta be some closet players on Dissensus... no one else get a nostalgic pang on the memory of colouring in half the numbers on a 0-9 d20?

STN

sou'wester
My goth mate used to play some kind of military strategy game through the post. Imagine, Through. The. Post.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This guy:
ni.jpg

hot contender for the Annoying Face thread, no?
Roll 7+ on a d10 to avoid becoming Irritated...

continuum

smugpolice
2318331410_43f3cfd715_o.jpg

"The Navis Nobilitai, more commonly known as Navigators are vital to the existance of the Imperium. It is their powers and 'third eye' which enables ships to make warp jumps in relative safety. Without the navigators, ships would only be able to make short, blind, dangerous jumps, and without safe warp travel the imperium would fracture and be doomed."

swears

preppy-kei
So J. R. R. Tolkien, H. P. Lovecraft, William Gibson and Frank Herbert have all been ripped off for RPG settings. Who else?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
So J. R. R. Tolkien, H. P. Lovecraft, William Gibson and Frank Herbert have all been ripped off for RPG settings. Who else?

Ridley Scott/James Cameron/Hans Giger, Robert E. Howard, Isaac Asimov, George Lucas, Homer, the authors of the Talmud/Bible/Greek, Egyptian, Sumerian etc. myths/Elder Edda/Beowulf/mediaeval romances, Arthurian legend etc. etc. etc.

Basically RPG/fantasy war games act as a sort of cultural trash compactor, with sometimes interesting results.

(Also, I wouldn't call The Call Of Cthulhu a 'rip-off' since it is openly based on the Cthulhu mythos...and also out of fear of meeting an untimely, tentacley demise. :))