The 'whatever happened to' thread . . .

stelfox

Beast of Burden
what ahppened to jookie mundo, jamakabi, armour, shark major, lady fury, preshsus and any number of grime artists?

jamakabi has featured on a couple of bassline tunes lately, same as donaeo. seems there's a few refugees from grime working that scene now.

i wish i knew what had happened to jookie or sharky, though.

sharkey is still one of my all-time favourite grime MCs.

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
jamakabi has featured on a couple of bassline tunes lately, same as donaeo. seems there's a few refugees from grime working that scene now.

i wish i knew what had happened to jookie or sharky, though.

sharkey is still one of my all-time favourite grime MCs.

Think Sharky Major runs a successful estate agents. Did put in appearance not too long ago on a pirate set though.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Long piano or organ solos on house tunes?

You must be smoking something funny in that horn, those old housey piano solos were horrible. The Prodigy even ruined one of the mixes of Your Love by doing one if I remember right (otherwise a great tune of course).
Piano and organ in house should be used in a riffy and percussive manner, and then they are perfectly acceptable. So there ;). Organ riffs in house and garage tunes are actually one of those things I can never get enough of.

craner

Beast of Burden
Holly Valance landed on the arm of billionare luxury property tycoon Nick Candy, so she no longer needs to sing on "sexy" pop records.