• i have once

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • i have more than once

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i have not yet

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • i have not and don't want to

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • i have not but have had 2 partners (3sum)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • i have not even had a 3sum

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • i love dim-sum

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

swears

preppy-kei
Did you advise her in turn to get tested for herpes, syphilis, &c?

She always carries condoms, even though they're not 100% effective. Her mindset is a product of the liberal UK educational and legal systems I think. SEX = healthy, good, normal. DRUGS= fucked up, unhealthy, aberrant.

tom pr

She always carries condoms, even though they're not 100% effective.
and from a male perspective, they feel like a slimey plastic slug has wrapped itself around your pride. drugs only do that sometimes - thus they are the superior form of indulgence.

zhao

there are no accidents
ok no more either/or arguments. all those in favor of both drugs and sex at the same time stand up! no, lie down. whatever.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
ok no more either/or arguments. all those in favor of both drugs and sex at the same time stand up! no, lie down. whatever.

Well there are drugs and there are drugs, aren't there? Eg. booze bad, weed good. On the subject of feeling like a plastic slug, I can't imagine mixing sex and ketamine is a very good idea. Although who knows, perhaps I'm missing out bigtime.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
so the reason i started this thread is because i was talking to some friends from southern europe who basically said that it is something fairly common with many people, in fact one even said that most people probably have tried it at least once in their youth.

i was a little bit shocked at this -- but it certainly conforms to the stereotypical notion that parts of europe is a lot more sexually liberated / hedonistic than the US.

just like in Berlin it is not any kind of big deal to strip down naked at a summer time swimming party - even if you are the only one - people will hardly even notice, much less make a stupid grade-school fuss like for sure they would in America.

so from where I'm standing America really does have a big gnarly protestant corn stuck up its ass. one that is hard to see until you get some distance.

zhao

there are no accidents
and i wish i could do another poll inside this one rating how good/bad it was:

1. amazing
2. enjoyable
3. OK
4. awkward
5. terrible for me
6. terrible for everyone
7. turned into a nightmare of twisted jealousy and fucked up mind games and everyone involved now hate eachother forever

zhao

there are no accidents
i guess 4 or more is not enough:

An orgy (όργιον) was a secret cultic congregation at nighttime in Ancient Greek religion, overseen by an orgiophant. In modern parlance an orgy may refer to an event involving group sex, involving at least 5 people.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Got invited once by this woman I used to work with, might have been ok I guess, it was very much a "just go and watch and if you feel like it get stuck in" kind of invitation. It basically clashed with something else I was doing so I didn't go along and never pressed her to go to another, I have a sneaking suspicion that it would have been a bit rubbish, I reckon it's one of those things that's kind of cool to have done but is probably not that enjoyable while you're doing it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
so the reason i started this thread is because i was talking to some friends from southern europe who basically said that it is something fairly common with many people, in fact one even said that most people probably have tried it at least once in their youth.

i was a little bit shocked at this -- but it certainly conforms to the stereotypical notion that parts of europe is a lot more sexually liberated / hedonistic than the US.

I would say probably almost any part of Europe - although traditionally the most liberated/sexually relaxed parts of Europe are Scandinavia and the Netherlands, not the Mediterranean countries.

so from where I'm standing America really does have a big gnarly protestant corn stuck up its ass. one that is hard to see until you get some distance.

Funny how prudishness has become associated with Protestantism - I mean, Catholic culture isn't exactly pro-sex, is it? Or maybe it's pro-sex but also pro-feeling-guilty-about-it-afterwards (along with unwanted pregnancies and/or STDs to remind you of what a worthless sinner you are, maybe).

zhao

there are no accidents
I would say probably almost any part of Europe - although traditionally the most liberated/sexually relaxed parts of Europe are Scandinavia and the Netherlands, not the Mediterranean countries.

really? i thought in the south with the warmth and the beaches was where it was at, and that northerners tend to be a bit stand-off ish and stuffy.

Funny how prudishness has become associated with Protestantism - I mean, Catholic culture isn't exactly pro-sex, is it? Or maybe it's pro-sex but also pro-feeling-guilty-about-it-afterwards (along with unwanted pregnancies and/or STDs to remind you of what a worthless sinner you are, maybe).

yeah you're right i just said protestant because that's what America is...

N

nomadologist

the thing is, sex with multiple partners--as it happens *in real life* rather than fantasy or popular myth--usually happens when no one expects it, and it's rarely planned.

i've had sex before in the same situation with gay men and lesbians and straight people in the same bed. everyone has different expectations. it's not especially exciting, it's usually just one of those "mass delusion" type events.

i wouldn't go around looking for this type of experience. it's not especially gratifying.

zhao

there are no accidents
i wouldn't go around looking for this type of experience. it's not especially gratifying.

well that's you. i however, think the idea has potential. and while not actively "looking" for such an experience, i will not turn it down when it comes up.

incidentally, who liked the movie shortbus? i thought it was pretty amazing that it didn't suck given the premise -- and actually shockingly refreshing and even very good.

zhao

there are no accidents
i mean people are pack animals after all, and the "natural" social organization for us, like chimps, is the "band", around 30 or 40 individuals living and traveling and working and playing together, sharing intimacy and perhaps, at times, physical love. the "nuclear family" is, in turn, a curse and a form which arose very recently in human history, and i think makes us sick in the fucking head.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"incidentally, who liked the movie shortbus? i thought it was pretty amazing that it didn't suck given the premise -- and actually shockingly refreshing and even very good."
I saw that and I thought it was hatefully twee and cutesy. That scene with all the lesbians describing how an orgasm feels made me wretch. The director is doing something wrong if a film with an attempted suicide in it leaves you with a nasty fake sugar taste in the mouth. What on earth did you think was good about it?
I saw it on dvd and the best thing about it was the "making of" in the extras. Basically they just decided that they wanted to make a film with real sex in it and advertised for people to take part without having much more of an idea of what the film would be than that. It is very commendable that they got all the people first and then sort of let them arrive at a story line as it went along so that everyone felt "comfortable" and didn't have to do anything that they didn't want to do - it also explained why they ended up with a film with absolutely no story-line and horrible dialogue that made me lose the will to live.
Seems to me a good argument for why in general they get people who can act and know how to make a film and get them to fake the sex rather than doing real sex and faking the rest of it.