Monday Morning Munchies: Ultimate Spaghetti on Toast (To The Max)

brown neon

good morning dissensusers, today i impart most of what i learnt at university.

serves 1

ingredients
2 slices of wholemeal bread
1 x 200g tin of heinz spaghetti
6 slices of german salami sausage
some reggae reggae sauce
some butter

cooking instructions
heat the spaghetti in a saucepan whilst also toasting the bread in a toaster until toasted.

put the toast slices on a plate and liberally butter those bad boys.
place 3 slices of salami on each piece of toast, then drizzle both slices with reggae reggae sauce, taking special care to put loads on.
dump the spaghetti all over the top like it 'aint no thing.

serve with a glass of chilled sancerre and the light uplifting sounds of shuggie otis.

now get involved and don't be shy.

next week,

Rugbyball Spud-Burgers

tom pr

i havent eaten yet today, i've recently got in a habit of eating spicy food for breakfast, and it does me no favours for the rest of the day. last week i had left over bolognese in the fridge, so i had it on some ciabatta with rocket, melted emmental and lots of tobasco sauce.

swears

preppy-kei
Heinz tinned Spag Bol and spaghetti with sausages also delicious on toast. Don't think I'd be up for 'em at breakfast, though.

swears

preppy-kei
Like this comment:

this brings back bad memories...

when I was in first year at uni I ate really cheap and bad food (tesco value mostly) for the first couple of months and ended up with a stomach ulcer and gastric reflux disorder (where all the acid in your stomach leaks upwards into your eusophagus and burns it, making it really painful to eat)

I ended up on antacids they normally prescribe to middle aged men. when I was still in so much pain after 6 months, they sent me for an endoscopy and I had to come off my medication for a month. I was so sick I could only stomach eating porridge and used to go through 2 or 3 packs of oatso simple microwave packets every day.it still makes me feel really sick to eat freeze-dried or microwaveable food. blugghhh.

Posted by: emmaaa | 07/03/2008 at 23:06

STN

sou'wester
Indeed, and that was the take on it when reported in the times. The pine-kernels gave him appendicitis, i think.

My uncle got scurvy while at university.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Four slices of toasted wholemeal today. Fibretastic.

That's pretty funny about the pesto, too. :)

swears

preppy-kei
I have to have my Bran Flakes and wholemeal bread every day, or I get bellyaches.
Lots of runner-beans, too.

swears

preppy-kei
My uncle got scurvy while at university.

Heard there was a trend years back for studes living on nothing but porridge for months, leading to all kinds of gut-rot and skin-mangeiness. Suppose this was in the days before Pot Noodles and Micro-pizzas.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
everyone has heard a story about someone who made a bathtub full of dahl or porridge, spent all their money on booze or stereo equipment, and got rickets or some bizarre disease only ever seen in third-world countries these days. i think most of them are apocryphal

I know someone who lost the lining of his gut to pataks lime pickle. I'm seeing him next week for the first time in 6 years, I will ask how he's doing.

I used to enjoy a pot noodle sandwich in my first year at university. Pot noodle (usually chow mein), buttered toast, mine all mine... but shit, who's that at the door? Busted as an out and out pleb when the daughter of the boss of BT called round with a bottle of red. I suppose it counted as a common person kick for her - 'My God, they really do eat shit'.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
and my response to this recipe: why not have some real spaghetti, use a tin of tomatoes, some garlic, onions and herbs to make a sauce, throw the salami in... one actually pretty decent meal and probably just as cheap.
german salami should never be eaten either. if you're not german there's really no excuse for it.

one of my favourite sandwiches is leftover bolognese sauce topped with grated cheese and melted.

zhao

there are no accidents
far as canned stuff is concerned, i stand by this all the way:

BlackBeanFishCanned.jpg

fried fish in black bean sauce. it is ridiculously delicious.

brown neon

why not have some real spaghetti, use a tin of tomatoes, some garlic, onions and herbs to make a sauce, throw the salami in... one actually pretty decent meal and probably just as cheap.
german salami should never be eaten either. if you're not german there's really no excuse for it.

sorry, i didn't read your whole post because there were too many ingredients, but i'm responding because i figured i got the gist from the opening few words. the answer is: mine comes with the intense pleasure of knowing it's wrong. mmmmmmmmm.