You The Living

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I felt Andersson was playing it for cheap laughs and would humbly add I saw some of the jokes coming a mile off."
Well, there were more jokes than I was expecting I have to say - on the other hand, I don't think that I saw most of them coming or that when I did it mattered. For instance, I had read about the table-cloth thing in the papers and not thought it sounded that funny - yet when it actually happened it still made me laugh even though I knew what was going to happen.

"YTL would have made a good sequel to Songs from the Second Floor, but instead, it was a rehash."
I'd agree there was some sense in which it was a rehash, or maybe less harshly, a remix or something along those lines - although that still doesn't seem quite right because it wasn't similar enough for that description to apply. I think it seemed to me like some other things that could have been going on in parallel to the events of the first film or something like that.
Did you not think that the ending with all those planes coming over was powerfully sinister?