good DVD's for parties

zhao

there are no accidents
It works the other way, too. I have it on good authority that Africans attending tribal ceremonies like nothing better to watch than videos of Fawlty Towers, and gawp at the sheer alien Otherness of it.

this was pretty funny.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think, weirdly and unfortunately, that it's more likely to be Lethal Weapon 2 and 3. They're on like every two hours in South Africa it seems.

I can imagine people there watching it, slagging it as unrealistic escapist rubbish "because hardly anyone's been shot yet"...

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
well for people that have never left the block on which they were born and are under-exposed to information about cultures other than their own, sure there is an "other".
No of course something might seem exotic and different. What I was getting at were questions of 'entitlement' or otherwise.

on the projector at the club.

not baraka... i've seen that a few times too many at parties.

go ahead and list the tech/geeky stuff but I'm not looking for that kinda vibe at the mo.

looking for films or videos with lots of rhythm and boogie. any movies with loads of freaky dancing? or just fun to look at while dancing (eon flux type shit is cool i guess)

a 6 hour edit of best bits of Soul-Train would be great...

or 6 hour edit of best bits of Bollywood dancing.

or african tribal ceremonies would be IDEAL.

Got to be Rize.

EOT

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

That's easy for you to say.