songs spoilt by poor choice of vocalist

tryptych

waiting for a time
I hate it when you get a house track that suddenly gets an inappropriate diva on it for a chart remix. I'm thinking of something like Love Story by Layo & Bushwhacka. Not an amazing tune, but one that's totally ruined by the rubbish singing and sax solo - that wasn't in the original when I heard it in The End.

I had that exact experience - I remember hearing the piano break on Love Story when Layo & Bushwacka were DJing months before it came out, and it totally stuck in my head as this amazing record. I didn't know what it was until it got released, and I was really disappointed because it just didn'd sound the same.

straight

wings cru
I hate it when you get a house track that suddenly gets an inappropriate diva on it for a chart remix. I'm thinking of something like Love Story by Layo & Bushwhacka. Not an amazing tune, but one that's totally ruined by the rubbish singing and sax solo - that wasn't in the original when I heard it in The End.
I quite enjoyed that vocal when it was originally on Kings of Tommorow's 'Finally'. it still get played pretty much every day on daytime radio 1.

There was a proggy house tune around 2000 called Spaced Invader (the artist eludes me) that Xpress 2 and guys like that were playing out that had a lyric put on it by the guy from Jump and Shout, absolutely dreadful. Was he called Slaughter John? I think he was on the Stantons mix of Doomsnight as well.

mixed_biscuits

STN

sou'wester
Was he called Slaughter John? I think he was on the Stantons mix of Doomsnight as well.

Yes he was; not a great example of that accelerating UK chat style.