How We Do Live - Leeds

tox

Factory Girl
I do a radio show on Leeds' Student Radio focusing on Yorkshire's soulful music scene. Me and the crew have put together a live event to promote some of our favourite Yorkshire artists and raise some money for a local charity. All the necessary information is below... If you wanna sort guestlist or something then give me a PM. The line-up is pretty exciting n I know there's some Dissensians up here, so get involved! Monday 28th April @ Mine in Leeds University

How We Do is doing it Live, in a celebration of the finest 'ish to come out of the Yorkshire underground.

The music lineup is now confirmed, and is mighty fine:

BREAKING THE ILLUSION - Live hiphop from uk legend BTI and his backing band Rainbbow Trout, playing tracks off his new album Mixed Messages, a truly exposive live show thats not to be missed - www. myspace. com/breakingtheillusion

DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS - local hiphop super group, taking the uk scene by storm theyre currently cracking the US working with the likes of Prince Po, theyre doing HWD Live as their first show after the Indy Awards finals - www. myspace. com/dttss

FREYED KNOT- local hiphop-funk band, renowned across yorkshire for putting on one hell of a show, one of the best bands youll see this year, getting you moving with funk driven riffs and tales of being young ragamuffins, check teir now alum That BradFunk - www. myspace. com/freyedknot

TBREAKS & 10TONNE (Fresh Jive)+breaking battle - Local legends TBreaks and 10Tonn, behind the uks leading hiphop night Fresh Jive, bring the bboy flava with the LUU Breakers to put on an unmissable - www.

myspace/com/tbreaks

THE UBER - a sleaze-funk quartet who made their name as part of Gentlemans Dub Club and for regularly smashing it at Vagabondz, these guys are an up and coming act who you dont want to miss - www. myspace. com/theuberfunk

So there you haves it, some straight up hiphop, some sleazy funk, some bboy breaking madness, some live hiphop and a load of the finest yorkshire 'ish.

Plus of course the How We Doodle live graffiti exhibition - artist lineup tbc.

Plus, a shop to buy music, merchandise, art, etc.

Tickets: £3 - MOTD

All profits from HWD Live will be donated o the Bradford Rhythm Riots, promoting creativity and integration, keeping the Yorkshire underground scene vibrant and positive

TICKETS ON SALE NOW @ www.leedstickets.com

Last edited: