Yacht-disco thread

craner

Beast of Burden
Roxy - Flesh + Blood, Avalon
George Benson - Give me the night, 20/20, In Your Eyes
Steely Dan - Aja
Chris Rea - On the Beach, 'Josephine'
The works of Billy Ocean
Carly Simon - 'You belong to me', something from Heartburn ...
Quincy Jones - The Dude
Chic - 'Savoir faire'

Is this the accepted central yacht-disco canon, then?

It doesn't seem to add up to much. There's got to be loads of really obvious stuff we're missing.

echevarian

babylon sister
I think you might need to throw Gaucho in there with Aja.

Perhaps the Doobie Brothers Living On The Fault Line as well?

That might be more sophisticated funk / yacht crossover, but to my ears it fits.

Oh yeah, the first Michael McDonald album as well.

If Thats What It Takes.

How about any of the solo Ferry or Manzanera albums?

Like Boys and Girls (Nile Rodgers again) or Primitive Guitars?

echevarian

babylon sister

I've decided that Balearic is pretty much what I wanted this stuff to be.

It opens up a whole world of hippie light jazz.

hint

party record with a siren
Phased percussion, like the sea washing up over pebbles.
Distant mysterious voices, like the Sirens luring unsuspecting yachtsmen onto the rocks.
A thousand fingered man would be pretty useful on a yacht I think. Good for tying knots and the like.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

mms

sometimes
Phased percussion, like the sea washing up over pebbles.
Distant mysterious voices, like the Sirens luring unsuspecting yachtsmen onto the rocks.
A thousand fingered man would be pretty useful on a yacht I think. Good for tying knots and the like.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i fucking love this record it's gorgeous.