The Blackdown and Dusk album

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I've been quietly singing Focus to myself like a crazy person for days now, can't wait for my copy of the album to arrive.
I'd love it on vinyl as well, it's always a bit upsetting to have to make do with the CD, but sometimes it just has to be done.

Dusty

Tone deaf
Had this album posted to my parents house since I don't trust the communal post box in my flats any more. I'm desperate to hear it, perhaps I can try and educate my father in ripping CDs and email it to me - or just play it down the phone.

Client Eastwood

Nice one. The strings on Kuri Pataka are so so much, the way they dip with the first note of the bassline. That bit at 5mins after the breakdown - Gosh.
Also liking Focus.

do a film

seriously - that was really good,

at first i thought it was a bit too keiller, but when it got into the car/and the bit with farrah, very nice very nice

i think the music works so well with a visual accompanyment - when i listen to your tracks those are the kinds of images in my head anyway - combining the two would get a really intense london experience

great work, am very glad you made the video

do a film now please

nomos

Administrator
"at first i thought it was a bit too keiller, but robinson said he didn't think that was possible."

gorgeous video martin. very nicely done :cool:

Last edited:

gumdrops

if anyone has a link to the june show, i would be grateful. rinse link doesnt seem to be working. :confused:

still not heard the whole album but what i have heard - the production is really really excellent. reminds me quite a bit of the kode 9 album in terms of the aims/sound/vision etc. not totally sure how i feel about the 'asian dubstep' tracks but i love the vocalists voice.

freakyrixx

I believe it's been asked already but:
is there any chance of seeing 'Concrete Streets' released on 12'' someday? with both a vocal and an instrumental version, pretty please? :)

btw, Margins Music - great stuff, I've never been to London, but just listening to this makes me feel like I've been living there for years...I hope the future projects will be as good as this one...

Slim

DSF Refugee
Gotta say that it's between this and The Bug's London Zoo for album of the year for me, this is mindblowing stuff, Kuri Pataka, Focus, Darker Than East and Rolling Raj Deep being the personal favorites. Oh shit and Concrete Streets. And The Bits. Could go on...

As for capturing an impression of London, it's so dead on, walking down whitechapel road at night is all i can think about when i hear it.

massive big ups

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
you dudes don't mess around, huh?

just wanted to add my voice to the chorus - fucking brilliant, from start to finish. best album of the year for me (though, have yet to hear 2562's LP or "Belief Is The Enemy - either way, still). especially feeling all of the stuff w/Farrah as well as the track w/Trim. Con/Fusion in particular, sweet lord...anyway, that's all, no insights or anything. I'm still pretty blown away.

Betamaxnomates

Wild Horses
Nowt much to add except to say that it's a truly great album. 'London Zoo' has been mentioned a lot as a recent point of reference and I think what both albums is achieve is... just that. That they work as 'albums'. They have a coherence, a sense of narrative and pace that almost all full-length dubstep releases don't.
Excellent stuff.